Legendary: Marvel Deck Building Game plugin

Started by ZatchBellGamer, July 10, 2015, 05:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZatchBellGamer

Hey, everyone. An online friend of mine got me into this game. Since I couldn't find any trace of one already made, I decided to create a plugin for it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/orkyb0vhil53nal/Legendary%20Marvel.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/027c1dcgtncjj04/Marvel%20gamemat.jpg

Extract the plugin as normal, and you can just download the game mat to the Backgrounds folder of LackeyCCG's Images folder. Choose it as necessary in Preferences.

The game deck of cards never changes and has been pre-made to accommodate all game modes. Simply load up the five shared Decks through Deck Editor and load your personal Player Deck to yourself. All Bystanders, Wounds, and SHIELD Officers should automatically be populated and two Decks containing every possible Hero and Villain card should be set up and visible to all.

For randomization selections on game setup, you can use this site: http://tablemonkey.net/Legendary

1.) Randomly choose your Mastermind and pull him from the All Villains deck to the zone on the game mat. Then take all four matching Mastermind Tactics and move them to the "Shuffle Concealed" zone. Shuffle the zone and place each of the four cards on the table face-down (hold down CTRL while dragging). Position underneath the Mastermind as necessary.

2.) SHIFT-click every Scheme card from the All Villains deck and move them into the "Shuffle Concealed" zone. Shuffle and pick one card from the zone to place on the table. This becomes the Scheme for the game. Move it to the Scheme zone on the game mat and return all cards in the "Shuffle Concealed" zone back into the All Villains deck.

3.) Take all cards of the Villain group that the Mastermind "always leads", any other Villain groups and Henchman cards necessary depending on number of players, all Master Strike cards, and however many Scheme Twists are labeled on the Scheme card and place them all into the "Villain Deck". Go to the Bystanders deck zone and move however many Bystanders are required from there to the Villain Deck. Shuffle the now completely assembled Villain Deck.

4.) If a Scheme says to have fewer cards than is currently in the game zone (ex: The Legacy Virus), then move the unneeded copies of cards into the All Villains deck. They won't be used.

5.) Use the All Heroes Deck to find every copy of your five randomly selected Hero cards and move them all to the Hero Deck. This makes 70 cards total. Shuffle the Hero Deck.

The game can begin from there. Use the Draw from Player button to draw a card from the Player Deck, the Flip Top Hero button to place the top Hero Deck card onto the table, the Flip Top Villain button to place the top Villain Deck card onto the table, the Gain S.H.I.E.L.D. button to move the top SHIELD Officer card to your Discard Pile, the Gain Wound button to move the top Wound card to your Discard Pile, the Send out Bystander button to move the top Bystander card to the table, and utilize the Edit Note button for any changes to card information as the game goes on.

RECOMMENDED CHAT MACROS:

/draw6
/+1                               (Recruit Points)
/+2
/-1
/-2
/player stat2 + 1          (Attack Points)
/player stat2 + 2
/player stat2 - 1
/player stat2 - 2
/player stat3 + 1          (Victory Points)
/player stat3 + 2
/player stat3 - 1
/player stat3 - 2
/playerchoose              (Choose Random Player)
Done
You done?
Good Game.

RECOMMENDED KEY BINDINGS:

<bindingmain0>CTRL+SHIFT+y</bindingmain0>

<bindingmain1>META+j</bindingmain1>

<bindingmain2>ALT+x</bindingmain2>

<bindingmain3>CTRL+x</bindingmain3>

<bindingmain4>CTRL+n</bindingmain4>

<bindingmain5>CTRL+s</bindingmain5>

<bindingmain6>CTRL+l</bindingmain6>

<bindingmain9>CTRL+f</bindingmain9>

<bindingmain11>CTRL+SHIFT+t</bindingmain11>

<bindingmain15>CTRL+SHIFT+s</bindingmain15>

<bindingmain16>CTRL+SHIFT+r</bindingmain16>

<bindingmain17>CTRL+r</bindingmain17>

<bindingmain19>CTRL+ALT+q</bindingmain19>

<bindinggeneral0>CTRL+w</bindinggeneral0>

<bindinggeneral1>CTRL+q</bindinggeneral1>

<bindinggeneral2>CTRL+g</bindinggeneral2>

<bindinggeneral3>CTRL+v</bindinggeneral3>

<bindinggeneral4>CTRL+e</bindinggeneral4>

<bindinggeneral5>CTRL+m</bindinggeneral5>

<bindinggeneral6>CTRL+b</bindinggeneral6>

<bindingcard0>CTRL+BACKSPACE</bindincard0>

<bindingcard1>CTRL+t</bindingcard1>

<bindingcard2>CTRL+SHIFT+c</bindingcard2>

<bindingcanned0>CTRL+1</bindingcanned0>

<bindingcanned1>CTRL+2</bindingcanned1>

<bindingcanned2>CTRL+3</bindingcanned2>

<bindingcanned3>CTRL+4</bindingcanned3>

<bindingcanned4>CTRL+5</bindingcanned4>

<bindingcanned5>CTRL+6</bindingcanned5>

<bindingcanned6>CTRL+7</bindingcanned6>

<bindingcanned7>CTRL+8</bindingcanned7>

<bindingcanned8>CTRL+9</bindingcanned8>

Enjoy the game! :)

Hyrulianpanda

Any chance you could add a card pool option? Like have heroes/villans as packs and add them via card pool? Maybe with randomization option to set up games faster?

Also do you have any plans to add expansions?

SwapGoTron

Huh, didn't knew someone else already did this

I actually made my own Marvel Legendary plugin, with all the expansions except Fear Itself because I do not have the scans for it. The reasons I haven't uploaded it yet are a) I haven't figured out the whole "Online Plugin" that makes installing these things easier, b) It is unintuitive, having buttons that require correct setup and it doesn't uses shared zones and instead has a single player load all the relevant decks (LackeyCCG support of shared zones is, up until now, pretty bad, and there are some things that you can't even do to Shared Zones like looking at the top X cards or putting back things to the bottom of the deck), and finally, c) I'm lacking crucial scans from the Villains expansion (HYDRA Operative, HYDRA Soldier, Command Strike, Plot Twist)

If someone could help me with what i'm lacking perhaps we could get this rolling

Hyrulianpanda

Quote from: SwapGoTron on July 26, 2015, 03:41:26 PM
Huh, didn't knew someone else already did this

I actually made my own Marvel Legendary plugin, with all the expansions except Fear Itself because I do not have the scans for it. The reasons I haven't uploaded it yet are a) I haven't figured out the whole "Online Plugin" that makes installing these things easier, b) It is unintuitive, having buttons that require correct setup and it doesn't uses shared zones and instead has a single player load all the relevant decks (LackeyCCG support of shared zones is, up until now, pretty bad, and there are some things that you can't even do to Shared Zones like looking at the top X cards or putting back things to the bottom of the deck), and finally, c) I'm lacking crucial scans from the Villains expansion (HYDRA Operative, HYDRA Soldier, Command Strike, Plot Twist)

If someone could help me with what i'm lacking perhaps we could get this rolling

If you have any of the images for cards that aren't base set I would really like this file o.o Cuz I ghetto rigged my own using google images for cards and just putting text over them.

AuraDragon

Quote from: SwapGoTron on July 26, 2015, 03:41:26 PM
I haven't figured out the whole "Online Plugin" that makes installing these things easier

I believe Dropbox is what most people use for online plugins.  Otherwise you can just upload a ZIP containing the plugin somewhere and link to that, which is sufficient if you don't update the plugin often, and there's no trouble of making sure everyone has the same plugin version and managing the updatelist.

"Convenience breeds laziness."

SwapGoTron

I apologize for hijacking your thread but I will just continue here since this seems to be the relevant thread

I found the Fear Itself expansion scans, as well as some better (but not optimal) quality images for the aforementioned missing cards. Here's a screenshot of a single player game vs the Supreme Intelligence of the Kree attempting to Transform Citizens into Demons (Some cards are using alternate art which is why they might not be recognizable

I am now missing the newest Secret Wars Vol 1 scans, so if anyone could collaborate with that I can then set up the whole Dropbox ordeal and get this thing rolling, with or without the Legendary Encounters reimplementations

Also @HyrulianPanda, I use Tablemonkey's Wheel of Fate randomizer for that, here:

http://tablemonkey.net/Legendary

Hyrulianpanda

I have also been using tablemonkey but I was trying to set it up in such a way where you wouldn't need to using a cardpool to randomize everything to speed up setup.

imagine hitting one button and it makes a cardpool for heroes you can just load to shared heroes. It would be very convenient and would allow for the removal of some of the cluttered tabs on the table.

StarcatProducts

Just a heads up the updatelist.txt is the only way iPad users can play your plugin. So it really wouldn't hurt to take a shot at it!

It is not the easiest thing to make, but we are here to help. :)

You guys should try to make a cool table graphic for it, it would help get you into the mood of playing the Marvel Universe cards. :D

Hyrulianpanda

dermo4christ

hello guys! I'm a newbie to this forum! However, I'm not new to Lackey as I play redemption.  But I have been trying to load up Legendary to it and it's not working.  I have the playmat but not the plugin.  I need help please!!!

StarcatProducts

Quote from: dermo4christ on May 27, 2016, 03:53:55 PM
hello guys! I'm a newbie to this forum! However, I'm not new to Lackey as I play redemption.  But I have been trying to load up Legendary to it and it's not working.  I have the playmat but not the plugin.  I need help please!!!

You need to extract the plugin to your plugin folder:
DriveLocation\LackeyCCG\plugins

Once you have done that, go to the plugins tab in Lackey and it should be available! :D

dermo4christ

I got it uploaded!!! Yay!!! But now does anyone know any plugins to get all the expansions????

Hyrulianpanda

I have a version that has more expansions but I had to use filler images(as in not the actual card image) due to not having the right images. As such you must play with card text on to use it. But if anyone wants it I could throw up a link or something.

Alternatively if anyone has the card images I could just fix it up.

xXironic

Hello! I'm new to LackeyCCG, and I've been trying to create an updatelist.txt-- I can only play on iPad and really really want to play Legendary Marvel. Is there any way you could possibly create one, or at least look over the one I've made and fix it up? It keeps crashing my app. :c