News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New to plugins

Started by xlovedajawax, July 13, 2015, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlovedajawax

Hey everyone i have a tcg i made that i would love to create a plugin for here in Lackey. The problem is i am not very good with this stuff. For simplicities sake  i am wanting to just make it so that people can choose from one of three premade decks or make their own and as for game play they would just need to be able to draw cards and place them onto the field, back into the hand, roate cards on the firld both facedown and faceup and beable to hopefully stack cards.

Is this something easily done in lackey? and would you guys be willing to help me make this? My game can be found online at orikantcg.weebly.com

AuraDragon

Yes, that is very easily done in Lackey.  Lackey itself comes with an example plugin called War3000 which you can easily use as a base for your own plugin.

To start with, you WILL want to have Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet program.  With it you can read and modify the War3000 carddata.txt file in the plugin's sets folder with minimal hassle.  This text file is the body of a plugin, while the plugininfo.txt file in the plugin's main folder is the brain (more on that in the link below).  To add a new card to the carddata.txt file all you need to do is add a new line to the bottom, filling in the data of the card in the order described at the top of the file.

That's just a brief summary, there's a lot more you can - but don't have to - do with a plugin.  For a more thorough explanation, see the Tutorials.

xlovedajawax

thanks for the info i will give it a try tonight or tomorrow and sww what  i can do