News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Loading Deckzones to Shared Gamezones

Started by LydianLights, July 13, 2015, 11:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LydianLights

So I'm making a Monopoly plugin, and I want to have 3 shared card zones on the table that start out having cards in them: Unsold Property, Chance, and Community Chest. So I made a deckzone and a shared zone for each of these and attempted to load the deckzone to the shared gamezone. Apparently this doesn't work (probably you can only load deckzones to gamezones you actually own). Here's the actual relevant code:

// DECK ZONES //
<deckzone>
    <label>Properties</label>
    <gamezonetoloadto>Unsold_Properties</gamezonetoloadto>
    <shuffle>no</shuffle>
</deckzone>
<deckzone>
    <label>Chance</label>
    <gamezonetoloadto>Chance</gamezonetoloadto>
    <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>
<deckzone>
    <label>Community_Chest</label>
    <gamezonetoloadto>Community_Chest</gamezonetoloadto>
    <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

// SHARED ZONES //
<gamezone>
    <label>Unsold_Properties</label>
    <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
    <visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>
    <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
    <label>Chance</label>
    <visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
    <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
    <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
    <label>Community_Chest</label>
    <visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
    <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
    <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
    <label>Chance_Discard</label>
    <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
    <label>Community_Chest_Discard</label>
    <isshared>yes</isshared>
</gamezone>

// PLAYER ZONES //
<gamezone>
    <label>Property</label>
</gamezone>

I mean, I guess I could do the loading manually and use a start.txt, but doing that has a few disadvantages for what I want to achieve. For one, I want the Community Chest and Chance cards to be shuffled. That's not hard to work around since you can just shuffle them manually, but it'd be nice if it was automatic (plus fak u, Lackey; I'm trying to shuffle two separate zones that start off unshuffled :/). Second, the game refuses to save visible shared areas, even if I add PLAYER0, PLAYER1, etc. to the <visibleto> tags. This is also able to be worked around by just revealing the zone to all players at the start of the game, but that's pretty annoying. Lastly, and the most difficult to work around, I want to eventually support multiple different versions of Monopoly. It would be awesome if instead of making a plugin for each version, I could just make a deck for each version and swap out boards. That way, switching Monopoly versions could be done on the fly without the need for multiple plugins.

So basically what I'm asking for is a better way to customize the starting contents of shared zones than just start.txt. And not just for Monopoly specifically, but I think lots of deckbuilding games would benefit from the ability to more freely control how the game starts. Even just the ability to save and load more than one board configuration at a time (not counting autosaves) would be nice in that you could basically have multiple start.txt's that you could load manually.

What I would REALLY like would be if there was another type of deckzone specifically for shared zones that you could load into the shared zone on the fly just like a normal deck. That way you could dynamically decide, for example, what expansions you wanted to play with in your deckbuilding game.

AuraDragon

You can definitely load deckzones to shared gamezones.  I do such that in my Boss Monster plugin.

Are you using the Load Entire Deck To You button?  Because that doesn't work with shared gamezones.

LydianLights

Quote from: Snoogy on July 14, 2015, 01:49:05 AM
You can definitely load deckzones to shared gamezones.  I do such that in my Boss Monster plugin.

Are you using the Load Entire Deck To You button?  Because that doesn't work with shared gamezones.
Could you explain exactly how you get that to work? The only way I know how to load decks is either the "load recent deck" menu or the "load entire deck to you". Is there another way to do it that loads to shared zones? Because that would be extremely helpful.

AuraDragon

If you haven't already done so, press the
  • button beside the "Load entire deck to you" button.  It will reveal some more options - as will any other
  • buttons around the Lackey interface - which will include the "Load to shared" button, that's what you are looking for.

Unfortunately, you can't load to multiple shared zones at the same time so you'll need to individually load shared decks to shared zones.  Maybe Trevor will add a "Load entire deck to shared zones" button eventually.