News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help Please!

Started by TrubbishGuy, July 16, 2015, 12:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrubbishGuy

So, I'm in the process of creating a CCG on Lackey, and I have the basis of the rules and all the plugininfo down. I'm only having two problems, one minor and one major.

Minor: I'm a tad bit confused with the sets and images things. This isn't a BIG! Big issue, however it is somewhat confusing to me.

So, with the card data, I have to put in a set and an image file for each card, which I understand. Now, what really confuses me are the actual folders. How should the folder layout with the images look like? As I have it, when I go into the file location, I go into Lackey, I go into the plugins, I enter my plugin, then I have my plugininfo.txt file and then a folder titled setimages. I open it up, and I have one folder named general with my cardback and my spawned images, and then I have separate folders, named after each set, which matches the sets in the card data. Will this work? If not, please help me.

Now, onto the BIIIGGGG issue. I've got no clue anything about the updates and uploading the plugin to places online, I basically have no clue about any of that stuff. I know not to do it until I'm done-done (I'm still in the process of making the cards and whatnot), but I tried looking into it and I just did not understand it at all. I also have no idea how I'm to upload my info to a website. The entire update thing confuses me, as well. Please help!

AuraDragon

To start off with, with the big problem, many people have had success using Dropbox to host their plugins, although personally I've never used it.  Or you can always just make an archive (ZIP) of the non-image files and upload that for people to use, while having the CardImageURLs file point to the images stored on dropbox or what-have-you.

Now, about the folder layout.  The Tutorial explains more thoroughly, but basically the card data goes in /sets/ and the card images go in to their respective set folders in the /setimages/ folder in the /sets/ folder (/sets/setimages/MySet/MyCardImage.jpg).

I'm not sure why the tutorial isn't explicit about this detail outside of it's picture.

TrubbishGuy

Okie dokie, thank you!

I've come across a HUGE issue! There must be an issue in my plugininfo, because it's there, but whenever I go into Lackey to play it, it won't let me click on it. It shows up in my plugins, but it's greyed out. Please Help!

AuraDragon

I don't know that bug. :o

If you upload your plugin (or at least the important, bug-possible parts) I could take a look and see what I can find.  In most cases it's something simple that you overlooked or didn't know.

mathman1550

Quote from: Snoogy on July 16, 2015, 11:19:51 PM
I don't know that bug. :o

If you upload your plugin (or at least the important, bug-possible parts) I could take a look and see what I can find.  In most cases it's something simple that you overlooked or didn't know.
I know a plugin will do this if there is no cardback.jpg in the file