News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Yu Yu Hakusho Plug In

Started by niiiiick, July 25, 2015, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niiiiick

I was recently given the old file for the Yu Yu Hakusho Plug In and was wondering how I can load it into Lackey? I wanted to run it to see if I need to make any changes, but it won't allow me to.

I was planning on sharing once it's fixed (if need be), so any help is appreciated! Thanks.

AuraDragon

To install a plugin manually you simply need to unzip it's archive (if applicable) into a folder in the plugins folder of Lackey.

Plugins can be finicky, could you upload the plugin so that I can take a peek and see what's wrong?  Chances are it's an old 1.0 plugin that isn't quite compatible with the current Lackey version, in that case you can easily update it by extracting the carddata files into a new plugin body.

niiiiick

I unzipped and since the main file wasn't formatted correctly based on your tutorial I rewrote it so maybe I wrote something wrong? Where do I upload it to?

AuraDragon

By "The main file" do you mean plugininfo.txt?

You can upload it at TinyUpload, FileDropper, or even attach it to a post on this forum.  The options for attaching are under the message box in the Post Reply page.

IEatYourSoul

It seems like you need to be a bit more specific, all that you have informed us about is that you have an archived file that you decompressed it into your plugin folder and now something is no longer functional. Could you please specify?

niiiiick

yeah the plugininfo.txt. I tried rewriting it based on the tutorials you have. I'll work on uploading it today.

Not sure what info you need, I was given all files that were originally used to play Yu Yu on Lackey, from the plugin info file to the entire set list, all cards and pics. The files are similarly set up like other plugins for lackey but when I go to select it in Lackey, it won't allow me to.

niiiiick

http://www.filedropper.com/yuyu2

I uploaded it, let me know if you find anything that needs to be changed. Don't have a lot of experience writing this kind of stuff, but I'll try to fix whatever you find.

Thanks for the help!

Hyrulianpanda

Ok so I have no idea how you play this game or what things it would need but I got a basic working version of the plugin.

If something needs changed or added it should be as simple as looking at the plugininfo.txt and copy/pasting something.

http://www.filedropper.com/yuyuhakusho

See how that works for you.

AuraDragon

Quote from: niiiiick on July 26, 2015, 02:07:47 PM
I uploaded it, let me know if you find anything that needs to be changed. Don't have a lot of experience writing this kind of stuff, but I'll try to fix whatever you find.

I assume you're using something that formats the text, since this plugininfo.txt is filled with font references and other such things.

Do you have a plaintext editor, like Notepad, on your computer?  If so, I would recommend using that because any kind of formatting wrecks Lackey's files.  And I'm guessing you aren't on Windows since all the folders have a file called ".DS_Store" in them.

Quote from: Hyrulianpanda on July 26, 2015, 02:44:54 PM
Ok so I have no idea how you play this game or what things it would need but I got a basic working version of the plugin.

Dumping the carddata into a fresh plugin works well, but the plugininfo.txt still needs to be changed, and if that involves using a text editor that formats the file on saving... then we're back to square one.

Hyrulianpanda

The plugin I uploaded had a working plugininfo O.o

I had the plugin up and running but when I made the plugin info I didn't know what deck zones are needed so I just put a basic setup.

niiiiick

Yes I'm on a mac and am using the basic "TextEdit" program.

If the other works better and will work for the game, you can add the carddata and pics from my plugin folder since everything is in there.

AuraDragon

Quote from: Hyrulianpanda on July 26, 2015, 02:58:02 PM
The plugin I uploaded had a working plugininfo

Yes.  But if niiiiick decides to edit the plugininfo with his TextEdit set to "Rich Text" it'll corrupt the file again.

Speaking of which...

Quote from: niiiiick on July 26, 2015, 03:09:17 PM
Yes I'm on a mac and am using the basic "TextEdit" program.

Check this out:  http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/textedit-plain-text-mode/.  It describes how to use TextEdit to edit/save in "Plain Text", stripped of formatting which would corrupt the file.  Hope it works for you!  :)

niiiiick

I thought I was converting it properly to a .txt file, so guessing the issues I'm having have to do with that. Thanks for the article, I'll check it out!

niiiiick

Quote from: Hyrulianpanda on July 26, 2015, 02:58:02 PM
The plugin I uploaded had a working plugininfo O.o

I had the plugin up and running but when I made the plugin info I didn't know what deck zones are needed so I just put a basic setup.

NM, got it to work. I'll test it and see if it works for the game and let you know. It looks like this is similar to the original file I was given, just with a good plugininfo file

niiiiick

NM. Got it all figured out! Thanks for everything guys. How do I get this plugin posted on the site for others to play? I know a handful already that'd like to play on here.