Plugin Works Perfectly! Issues Making updatelist.txt and Huge Issues!

Started by StarcatProducts, September 01, 2015, 10:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarcatProducts

Hello there everyone! My name is Jeff and I am working on a new card game called the Universal Card Game for LackeyCCG. We have been actually using Lackey for over a year for the older version of the game and we are now on version 5. I am trying to get all the code perfect for the new version and the updatelist.txt was something I wanted to make sure was working.

I have everything working perfectly inside this plugin and I am trying to test the distribution of the plugin on a local server of mine and I am having some interesting issues.

Attached: updatelist.txt in all of its failing glory!

AuraDragon

'Ello there.

I see you're using a local IP (note the 192.168. beginning to the IP address) which won't work over the net.

Also, Lackey really dislikes spaces outside of the carddata file.

Seems like your updatelist is in need of some work.  If you have skype, I can help you real time with the it.

My skype is "thesnoogylips". (without quotes)

StarcatProducts

Thanks Snoogy!

Your information was really helpful, I am using the local web server for development purposes. :)
The spaces thing is a huge problem for me, luckily I was able to ask a buddy to write me a script to enumerate through all my existing files and remove the spaces.

Also, sure I can add you on the Skypes! You have been very helpful so far and I really appreciate it.

StarcatProducts

The plugin is working great! I will make a separate post for when the plugin is ready for release!  8)