News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Solace of Eternity - new CCG!

Started by Skystriker, March 17, 2010, 09:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystriker

Hey all, I wanted to announce that the SoE game has been in development for a few months now.  There are 2 sets (250 cards) out atm, with the third set bringing another 100 in next week.  You can chat us up or find opponents on our IRC channel, since we don't really host random games of it yet.  A quickplay guide will cover ground you're mostly familiar with as Lackey users, so skip right on to the Comprehensive Rules if you'd like to take a gander.  It's got some pretty innovative combat that works out quite nicely in practice, even if it is a bit bewildering to people used to MtG.  The shared turns works out really, really well too.

TheBuck

Can we still some pics of cards without having to sing up to your forum?

Skystriker

Sure thing: I uploaded every card image to this zip.

magekirbys

Could you post stuff here instead of forcing us to join your forum?
It's really annoying you know.

Skystriker

The forum is public (that got changed like the day after it was made).  You maybe can't post there without signing up but you can view anything you like.  The third set comes out in about...30 minutes :).  Reason's polishing up everything as I type.

EDIT: Demise of Light, the third set for SoE, has been released! This brings the total unique cards in the game to 339 (Spore Hive finally got the love it needed!)  We'd love to have you join us in #soe. We can answer any questions you have there; no need to sign up for forums, just click the link ;o

Tokimo

Professional looking card layout: 9/10
+ Quality Art: 7/10
+ Simplicity of cards: 8/10
= Interest to learn more: 8/10

How do I play? Do you have a Lackey Plugin?

Also, your card back is terrible. You should fix it (thankfully it was the last image I saw instead of the first).

Reason

Quote from: Tokimo on April 03, 2010, 09:48:04 AMHow do I play? Do you have a Lackey Plugin?

Also, your card back is terrible. You should fix it (thankfully it was the last image I saw instead of the first).
Thanks for the review!

Yes, the game is available to play on Lackey. The download link is available on the forum, but I might as well link it here as well: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5431830/soe%203.30.zip
The above is version 3.30, but the game is regularly patched so the best place to go is our forum.

Also, your impression of the card back is understandable. It was more of a filler/temporary/stand-in than a permanent solution, and simplicity was the goal back then.

Tokimo

Maybe I'll get time to check it out this weekend then. : D