News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Dynamic Turn Assign

Started by BloodyKefka, September 21, 2015, 12:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BloodyKefka

Hello, I have inscribed in this forum because I've got some questions about a CCG that I try to design, and in this forum there are some interesting ideas. I'm spanish so sorry for muy bad english. Let's begin.

Because I want to give some personality for muy game, I try to implement some original ideas. One of these ideas is change the clasical turn assign (player 1 and player 2 alternation) for something more "dynamic". For example, in my game, the decks are constructed with 30 cards and is resourceless, but I need something to limit the number of card that a player can use in his/her turn, so I think that, intead the clasical alternation between players, each player play a card face-down and face-up at the same time.

The cards has a priority value between 1(low) and 5(high). For example, player 1 use a card with a value of "5" and player 2 use a card with a value of "3". P1 wins and get this turn, but can play a maximun of 2 cards (5-3=2). Of course, I want to include options to modify the priority, and I like too much the idea, but testing it in extreme circunstances, I find some problems. For example, imagine that P1 and P2 has decks with all their cards with the some priority, for example. How I can solve the draw?

Thanks and repeat, sorry for muy bad english.

AuraDragon

Dreadnought has dynamic turn assignment too.  Each player gets to do actions during each phase of turn, but the player who has the higher speed goes first.  Each card as a speed value at the top right corner of the card that tells you how fast the card is, ranging from C to A++.

Here's a more thorough explanation:  http://dreadnought-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/Basic_Rules#Speed_Phase

In their case, there are so many different speed values that it is unlikely that two players will have decks of entirely the same speed.

BloodyKefka

Intereseting. I going to see the information. My problem it's precisely find a simple mode to encourage the construction of decks with card with different speed values. I wonder know how dreadnought solve this problem.

Thanks.