News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card images.

Started by torchlight, October 16, 2015, 08:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torchlight

I hope that someone has got five minutes to help me out.

I am getting on well with making a plug in, I took some advice from the forum and split the War3000 plug in apart and changed and edited it for my own needs.

I have the jpgs in seperate folders named after the set of cards they are from in terms of the game, each folder is the same name as the set column in the excel file (saved as the txt file), each jpg is numbered starting with 1

The imagefile column has the name folder1, folder2, folder3 to match each saved image. Folder being the folder they are in and the number of each jpg.

All the folder names are in lower case without spaces. The column headings are as in the tutorials (I wondered if it made a difference changing the file from 'set' to 'sets' but it didn't)

When I mouse over the cards or move them into the upper part of the screen in the deck editor Lackey knows which card is which but instead of the card it shows a copy of my spreadsheet information, and behind it the war3000 cardback.

I can click them and they move into the top and then when you use the 'load into' option, they appear in the appropriate hand in the game screen. I have tried moving cards into each of my own hands, (there are more than one deck to take cards from) and this works ok too.

However when you place a card onto the table, it shows the text from the excel file/deck editor but the back shows the war3000 cardback (named 'cardback' in the general folder) and when the card moves onto the table, it shows the graphics on the card from the 'spawned' file/jpg also in the general folder.

I have moved my jpgs into the general folder, I took out the cardback (Lackey didn't like that and wouldn't load my plug-in) I saved them into a folder without the extra folder with the set name on. I can't see for the life of me where the plug in is deciding to pick these two images instead of my jpgs.

I have made sure that I changed and saved the right txt file from the excel spreadsheet with the most up to date version.

Why isn't it picking up the card faces that I have? I am pointing to them and followed the file structures exactly as they are in the chess and the war plug ins.

I am guessing that my plug in is thinking that it has to put a copy of the line from the txt file over the card front, but I dont need to do this as all the text is on each card.

Thanks in advance for any help offered, it is driving me crackers!

torchlight

Ok so I found the answer by accident I think, it was a file name issue multiplied by mistaking pixels for cm for the image size.

AuraDragon

Hi,

If you are still having issues or encounter a new issue please shoot me a message on Skype (if you have it), where it will be easier for me to troubleshoot your problem.

To be honest, there are a multitude of things that can go wrong when making a plugin.  It would be much easier for us if you post a copy of your plugin;  Much of what you are telling us implies that your ImageFile structure (as in the image itself, the image and set column in the data file, and the CardImageURLs file are) is the problem, but exactly what is hard to tell.

My Skype is "thesnoogylips" (my avatar is a purple cat.)

torchlight

Thanks Snoogy, added you to skype and messaged you.

Thanks for your interest.

AuraDragon