News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Sanctuary Card Game

Started by Horu, March 20, 2010, 04:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horu

I have the rules for this game and everything planned out. though the cards are completely imagination based and follow a slightly stricter system than yugioh. the rules are closely related. i'll explain more as soon as i can figure out how to make the cards on lackey.

uankaink

then good luck for your game...

im relieved that someone create a game based on YGO instead of MTG...
MTG have too much variant...

Horu

Yugioh inspired me to create this game but i needed more challenges. though i do like the elemental symbols for mtg more. i'd also like the color coding of duel masters for the elements.

Ripplez

you might want to give some information out about the game, just to spark some interest. i hope you do i like seeing new games

Horu

I thought of this game because Yugioh didn't challenge near enough and 8000 LP goes way too fast now. Mainly because everyone runs the same cards and such. Thats kinda something I don't like. I further increased the LP count to 25000 because in yugioh its best 2/3 for a match and thats really 16000-24000 LP. I'm adding another point counter to determine what players can and can't summon. The points on this meter will decrease accordingly as monsters are summoned and will increase accordingly when monsters are destroyed.

uankaink

wow 25000 LP... isnt it too high? ???
i assume the monster will have average ATK of 3000  ;)

YGO is known for fast paced game with a lot cards combination in single turn, using point sytem will obliterate the YGO main strength

just opinion, i hope u finish the card plugin soon... so we can playtesting the game  :D

Horu

well i set the 25000 LP because i'm tired of 2 or 3 duels. i figure 1 duel. and also it makes room for a bigger deck. although i still wouldn't  recommend over 50 cards. keep in mind that the secondary point system allows both players a fair chance. and it doesn't leave high level monsters to have consistant effectiveness.

malarious

Try to remove excess 0's as a mini rule.  High numbers make kids feel powerful, yes 3000 is alot when things have 1800 attack but 30 is high if most are 18 too.  If you wont have anything with say 1830 then having 2 digits doesnt inhibit things.

And I personally love the yugioh system more, makes things alot more streamlined.  And I played a Blitzkrieg deck early on, swarming with things like Slate Warrior and Goblin Attack force within a few turns.

Horu

I love the yugioh card game and all. but as i mentioned, it doesn't challenge me anymore. I only have a few deck ideas as of now. Every strutcure has 50 cards in it. And yes you can even find 4 or 5 alternative decks if you pay close enough attention. This allows a certain player/user/character to maintain more than 1 deck of a particular theme and also keeps the game interesting. For example: If we're playing Yugioh and I say I'm using a Lightsworn deck, you instantly know every card I'm typically gonna play. But if I say I'm using a Light deck, you'll be wondering what my general strategy is.

uankaink

5 playstyle on 1 structure? wow u must be some kind of creative person...

Horu

yeah. i created the structures like that for the purpose based on the term that i can say i'm using a specific type of deck but the predictability of the deck stays low.

Horu

I need help designing a logo and some card templates. If anyone here can assist, it'd be greatly apreciated.

Monox D. I-Fly

Quote from: Horu on March 21, 2010, 03:06:02 AM
I love the yugioh card game and all. but as i mentioned, it doesn't challenge me anymore. I only have a few deck ideas as of now. Every strutcure has 50 cards in it. And yes you can even find 4 or 5 alternative decks if you pay close enough attention. This allows a certain player/user/character to maintain more than 1 deck of a particular theme and also keeps the game interesting. For example: If we're playing Yugioh and I say I'm using a Lightsworn deck, you instantly know every card I'm typically gonna play. But if I say I'm using a Light deck, you'll be wondering what my general strategy is.

That's why I hate using archtypes. However, Yu-Gi-Oh! attributes have their own common themes as well. Fire usually uses Burn strategy, Water uses Lockdown, Wind messes with the opponent's Hand, Earth focuses on high stats, Light tends to Destroy opponent's cards, and Dark plays card Removal.