News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

silence731's locked threads

Started by AuraDragon, October 29, 2015, 05:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silence731

ok fixed all that i think... and i drop that link you posted into lackey and it says not able to find a valid updatelist, so now what am i doing wrong?
the atatchement is with the corrected /s/ and random number strings for the cardback, spawned and cardimage files

AuraDragon

Did you try adding the CardURLFiles: line and the name of the CardImageURLs.txt at the bottom and try again?

silence731

just tried that and still got the unable to download valid update, i am attatching the current updatelist.txt filel for you to look at, see what i did wrong please

AuraDragon

Compare your file to the War3000 updatelist.txt, you'll see what things you're doing wrong.  But to point them out:

Your date is 10/28/2015, try changing it to 10-28-2015 .  This is one of the harder to catch bugs, but as long as you mimic the War3000 or Magic plugins to a tee, you'll get along just fine.

You've got CardImageURLs:, not CardURLFiles:.  This is probably because you used the /mkupdate function which replaces CardURLFiles with CardImageURLs in some scenarios (I don't know why, it's just a bug in the program currently).

And your CardURLFiles should be on separate lines after the CardURLFiles: line, like such:

Quote from: Magic PluginCardURLFiles:
CardImageURLs1.txt
CardImageURLs2.txt
CardImageURLs3.txt
CardImageURLs4.txt
CardImageURLs5.txt
CardImageURLs6.txt
CardImageURLs7.txt

silence731

so if i understand what your saying, i cant use the cardimageurl.txt file i have to put everything into the update.txt file

and i used the cardimageurl.txt file format cuz i thought thats what i was supposed to use lol since i was using the card images and wasnt really clear on that part, now with the cardurlfiles.txt am i making a brand new tab delimited .txt file for each individual card or how does that one work? I see the magic plugin has several CardImageURLs#.txt files listed

AuraDragon

Quote from: silence731 on October 31, 2015, 11:46:29 PMso if i understand what your saying, i cant use the cardimageurl.txt file i have to put everything into the update.txt file

No.  The UpdateList.txt contains a list of CardURLFiles at the bottom which each have CardImageURLs inside them.  This list at the bottom of the UpdateList.txt doesn't follow the regular tab-delimited style.  And the individual files with CardImageURLs can be named anything you want since they are being referenced by the CardURLFiles entry at the bottom of the UpdateList.txt.

Quote from: silence731 on October 31, 2015, 11:46:29 PMand i used the cardimageurl.txt file format cuz i thought thats what i was supposed to use lol since i was using the card images and wasnt really clear on that part, now with the cardurlfiles.txt am i making a brand new tab delimited .txt file for each individual card or how does that one work? I see the magic plugin has several CardImageURLs#.txt files listed

To quote myself from earlier: "Card images are downloaded by using the lines from the CardImageURLs.txt file; each line specifies a local card image address (as in, on your computer), followed by a tab, and then a URL address that points to the card's image on the web."  the Magic plugin has 7 files because that's about how many it takes to reasonably manage 20,000 cards worth of image addresses.

You'll also notice that each of those files start with:

QuoteCardImageURLs:

silence731

ok i think my primitive brain is muddling through this... so it would look like
CardURLFiles:   
CardImageURLs.txt   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uc7bi5jmeo4dcpf/CardImageURLs.txt   312564
taken straight from war3ks .txt, as i only have a little over 100 cards right now i should be fine with just the 1 file right? and if the game does well enough and i decide to expand i can just add another line for expansions?
and i made that change and tried to update through lackey and its still telling me it cant find a valid file *bangs head on desk*

AuraDragon

Like this:
QuoteCardURLFiles:
CardImageURLs.txt

Not this:
QuoteCardURLFiles:   
CardImageURLs.txt   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uc7bi5jmeo4dcpf/CardImageURLs.txt   312564

Remember, this part of the UpdateList is specifying what files the card image directory is; that and only that.  Above CardURLFiles, where you have all the checksums and URL addresses, is where you put lines that inform Lackey what to download and where.

Like this:
QuotePlugin_name (tab) Date-Last-Updated

Some_file.txt (tab) Online/Some_file.txt (tab) CHECKSUM
Some_file.txt (tab) Online/Some_file.txt (tab) CHECKSUM
CardImageURLs.txt (tab) Online/CardImageURLs.txt (tab) CHECKSUM

CardURLFiles:
CardImageURLs.txt

EDIT : Looking inside your https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uc7bi5jmeo4dcpf/CardImageURLs.txt, you don't begin the file with "Plugin_name (tab) Date-Last-Updated", just "CardImageURLs:".

EDIT 2 : Rather than manually getting the links to each and every image you can use a handy program I made a while back for obtaining the links and automatically creating a text file from them, you can get it here: http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2785.msg18985#msg18985

EDIT 3 : You might need .Net Runtime 4.0 to run it...  I made it in C# so it relies in that runtime...

silence731

yay progress!!!! I no longer get the invalid responses, now it told me that everything is up to date.   ;D now lets see if i can get the latest version.txt made right, thank you, Im sure i will be back.

now Question, I know i will need to be updating card images as i get feedback about my game, and im pretty sure i need to do the version.txt file to make sure people have the latest version, now i was looking and noticed there is a uninstall.txt function as well... do i need to do that to overwrite updated card images or am i misreading that part?
while adding the version.txt file, i came across another problem, probably an easy fix, but its telling me the CardImageURLs.txt file cant be found... ill take a look but it didnt tell me that right after i made the change and got the no error message, im going to atatch my latest updateinfo.txt file to see if you can see what i screwed up on.

and i figured out the date "bug"... since excel has this compulsive need to "date" everything that resembles anything even close to a calendar date, it automatically changes it to a mm/dd/yyyy format, so 1-23-15 becomes 01/23/2015...its a limitation within excel itself, if you put a ' in front of your date stamp, such as '01-23-15 it remains because its calling a function outside of the "date" function hardwired into excel and within the .txt file it remains 01-23-15 instead of switching to 01/23/2015

AuraDragon

Quote from: silence731 on November 01, 2015, 04:51:45 PMits telling me the CardImageURLs.txt file cant be found

;)  See anything wrong with this snippet from your UpdateList.txt?
SPOILER: CardImageURLs is just a name right now, not a directory/file which it should be.  Compare to the line above it.

plugins/civilization/Version.txt   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c28o6360mweyzmv/Version.txt   
CardImageURLs   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uc7bi5jmeo4dcpf/CardImageURLs.txt   312564

-------------------------------------------------

Quote from: silence731 on November 01, 2015, 04:51:45 PMand im pretty sure i need to do the version.txt file to make sure people have the latest version, now i was looking and noticed there is a uninstall.txt function as well... do i need to do that to overwrite updated card images or am i misreading that part?

Everything you are asking about the Uninstall file has already been answered:

http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html#uninstall

Quoteif you wanted to do <removepath>sets/setimages/</removepath> which will delete all your previously downloaded card images

Quote from: Snoogy on October 29, 2015, 05:55:34 AMIf it doesn't find this image, it will then check the URL address associated with that local card image address and download any image it finds

silence731

plugins/civilization/Version.txt   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c28o6360mweyzmv/Version.txt   
plugins/civilization/CardImageURLs.txt   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uc7bi5jmeo4dcpf/CardImageURLs.txt   312564
ok needed the spoiler lol.. or at least read it so i knew what i was looking at, now that is the line that i have and it still gives me error, also why is version checksumming but not getting a random number string with it? is that normal

and in regards to the update/overwrite/uninstall question, if i change a card image/text and upload it will lackey just keep the same old file unless i uninstall old one and install new one or will i need to do the uninstall/delete to get it to overwrite becuz its get the file in question and it just assumes that it has the correct card image? probably running in circles on this one

AuraDragon

Quote from: silence731 on November 01, 2015, 06:19:49 PMalso why is version checksumming but not getting a random number string with it? is that normal

No, it isn't.  And I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be giving you a checksum...  But you can manually get checksums with the /checksum command, if that doesn't work then something really weird is up.

Quote from: silence731 on November 01, 2015, 06:19:49 PMand in regards to the update/overwrite/uninstall question, if i change a card image/text and upload it will lackey just keep the same old file unless i uninstall old one and install new one or will i need to do the uninstall/delete to get it to overwrite becuz its get the file in question and it just assumes that it has the correct card image? probably running in circles on this one

Lackey will go and download the card image if, and only if, there is no card image already present for the card.  Because of this, you will need to either rely on the user to delete their images or use the uninstall file.

Card text is automatically updated, which is the purpose of the updatelist.txt file, to automate the process of updating the plugin and downloading new data files or new versions of data files.

silence731

ok, so there seems to have to be some sort of order that the files are listed in, i moved a few of them around, now the only thing thats not found is the uninstall.txt file, everything else is checksumming for me, what is the order that the uninstall has to be in for it to work, i copy/pasted the file straight from the tutorial
ok thats very interesting... i put random numbers into the excel version in the spot for the checksum and now it checks out all right.... *Confused*

AuraDragon

silence731

ok more help please if you would, when doing the premade decks, im planning on keeping them inside the civilization folder rather then cluttering up peoples decks folder, how do i do the decks, same way i do cardurls or updateinfo or what,

also, i want to include a playmat, is it possible to put it directly into the backgrounds folder or does it have to be put there by the players?

and when running the autoupdate thing, it keeps telling me it has to reload the plugin, is that because of the auto uninstall/new version call?