News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

silence731's locked threads

Started by AuraDragon, October 29, 2015, 05:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuraDragon

Decks are downloaded with the updatelist.txt, you simply put them into either the /decks/ folder so that they automatically and intrusively show up in the deck list or you put them somewhere else.  I recommend a sub-folder within the /decks/ folder... perhaps something like /decks/prebuilt/.

You can put it directly into the backgrounds folder.  It's still ultimately up to the player whether or not they want to use it.

If it is trying to update the plugin after you've already updated it then some of your checksums are wrong.  Imagine if the file you download has a checksum of 8, and then your updatelist.txt says it has a checksum of 5, then it will download the file endlessly!  xD

silence731

ok, made a .txt file for decks and added the line into my update list, ran the updater, it DLed the txt files but freezes up lackey and doesnt do the cards, what did i do wrong this time

AuraDragon

I'm going to assume this is your updatelist.txt?  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ifq52b8ehmcvmsi/updatelist.txt

If so, then you are doing a couple things wrong:

1. You're downloading the updatelist.txt and treating it like a plugininfo.txt, this is obviously wrong.  It worked immediately after I replaced it with the War3000 plugininfo.txt.  I suggest you do the same and modify the plugininfo.txt to suit your needs.

2. Your updatelist.txt lacks CardURLFiles: at the bottom.

3. Your CardImageURLs.txt should begin with "CardImageURLs:" not "civilization   10-28-15", it's not an updatelist, it doesn't need to know when it was last updated.

4. Also regarding the CardImageURLs.txt file... Your local addresses ("general/City_Size_1") should end in .jpg or .png, depending on what the source's extension is.  In your case, it should have .jpg ("general/City_Size_1.jpg").

5. Don't include pluginpreferences.txt, otherwise it will overwrite the players' personal preferences every time they update.

6. That decks file doesn't do anything.  Decks are the files that end in .dek in your /decks/ folder, they are downloaded with the updatelist.txt to your /decks/ folder just like any other updateable file.  Observe:
Quote from: Magic Plugin Snippetplugins/magic/decks/face_the_hydra.dek   http://www.normalitycomics.com/magicplugin/decks/face_the_hydra.dek   450402

silence731

yes that was my update .txt
1. my bad, dont know why i put updatelist in place of my plug in.txt file...
2. my excel version had CardImageURLs dont know why it didnt transfer over, fixed that one
3. Fixed
4. Added .jpg to all cards
5. not seeing pluginpreferences either in dropbox or on the update.txt files
6.i was hoping the decks would be a simple .txt file i could use like the other stuff, so all i had to do was make a txt file with all the decks and add 1 line to the update.txt file and be done... but i will add all premade decks to the update.txt file, now will it put it into a folder within the civilization folder like i want it to or will it add it to the main decks folder thereby cluttering it up? I guess it should as long as i designate the file location right?

yay... success
just ran update on my other computer and it ran correctly, installed everything and is ready to go :) I will have an updated rulesbook in a day or two and have it posted for people to try out, the only thing im worried about not working now is the uninstall/update/version files but if they dont ill be back, till then thank you for the immense help you gave me, i cnat tell you how much time i would have spent pulling out my hair... and im bald already lol

AuraDragon

Quote from: silence731 on November 02, 2015, 10:54:32 PM5. not seeing pluginpreferences either in dropbox or on the update.txt files

Oh!  I figured a preferences would only be created if I changed an option - apparently not - so I assumed that it's existence meant that it was downloaded.  My bad!

-

Quote from: silence731 on November 02, 2015, 10:54:32 PM6.i was hoping the decks would be a simple .txt file i could use like the other stuff, so all i had to do was make a txt file with all the decks and add 1 line to the update.txt file and be done... but i will add all premade decks to the update.txt file, now will it put it into a folder within the civilization folder like i want it to or will it add it to the main decks folder thereby cluttering it up? I guess it should as long as i designate the file location right?

They are currently showing up in the main decks folder.  xD  But, hey, at least it works, right?

-

Quote from: silence731 on November 02, 2015, 10:54:32 PMyay... success
just ran update on my other computer and it ran correctly, installed everything and is ready to go :) I will have an updated rulesbook in a day or two and have it posted for people to try out, the only thing im worried about not working now is the uninstall/update/version files but if they dont ill be back, till then thank you for the immense help you gave me, i cnat tell you how much time i would have spent pulling out my hair... and im bald already lol

You're welcome!  Glad to have been able to help. :)

Lackey tends to make people bald...  :P

silence731

thats a bummer about the decks...
plugins/civilization/decks/Great_Pyramid_Wonder_Deck.dek   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/optm1kvniagrruv/Great_Pyramid_Wonder_Deck.dek   662325
thats how i added it, so in theory it should have went into a subfolder inside my plugin... like everything else has been doing... i havent added the background playmat yet, will it put it in the backgrounds folder or will it drop it into the plugin folder and people will have to move it?
also... suggestion on where to post the game as needing testers?

AuraDragon

Lackey stores your decks for each plugin inside the plugin folder's /decks/ folder.

If you tell the updatelist.txt to put the playmat into plugins/civilization/ then it will end up in your plugin folder.  So to put it into the backgrounds folder, simply do images/backgrounds/ instead of plugins/civilization.

Lackey's forum is getting less and less active with each passing day.  I would recommend either asking for volunteers in the Lackey server's chat or some other generic card game forum (I do not know any such forums, personally).

silence731

I hope your still lurking out there Snoogy, i ran into a problem.
updated all the card pics to be more presentable and changed the date on the Version.txt, posted everything to dropbox, "parent" computer updated fine, said it was DLing the new card images, new files etc, went to other computer and ran update... said it was updating, but only DLed the .txt files and a few folders, but not the cards... what went wrong?
oh, and i deleted the civ folder form lackey and tried again, same thing happened, all .txt files and some folders but no card images :/

Edit:Got it figured out i think.. somehow the CardURLFiles: got changed back to CardImageURLs: in the update list... but i think i got it taken care of

AuraDragon

Yeah, you need to check that every time you run /mkupdate.  I think you can add a CardImageURLs or CardGeneralURLs line to make it stop, I'm not exactly sure though.

silence731

Hope your still around Snoogy, working on my 1st expansion and need some help, running into the same problem i think as last time, the images arent showing up, and i have triple checked to make sure that everything looks like it did last time, ive checked the cardimageurl: and cardurlfiles: and its the same as the other games i have downloaded but the images just wont show up, ive reread everything we worked through in this post but nothing seems to be helping,
      i admit im a little rusty as its been so long but this is kinda like riding a bike, once ya read through it all comes back, so i dont know where my problem is at, do i have to make a new cardimagefiles<add expansion name here>.text with that one added into the updatelist.txt file or am i just doing something wrong and not seeing it?

Edit:Ok after having some more time to troubleshoot this, i deleted my plugin from my other computer and redownloaded it, now there are no card pictures whatsoever, so im thinking it may be an issue with dropbox not sending the picture files, on my other computer there are no folders for the card images but everything else is there.