Started by CCGer, March 22, 2010, 12:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your opinion about interrupt cards

Yes I like them and I prefer MTG style.
Yes I like them and I prefer Battle Spirits TCG Flash Step style
No, I don't like them

Turonik

Quote from: suffolk on April 05, 2010, 01:00:36 PM
I was not talking about over-powered cards.  This is what I meant by balanced.

1. Aggro decks beat Control Decks.

2. Control Decks beat Combo Decks

3. Combo decks beat Aggro decks.

regardless of the game you play the deck archetypes are there.

Just like paper, rock, and scissors.  if you take out one key element, then it is not balanced.

Counter/Stop spells is a key factor in controlling what your opponent can do.

I meant counters are over powered but that's besides the point. Yes. many games have that. But does it need it no. What I'm talking about is the game should be won based upon the player's skill and not what deck type they play.

The're can still be bad matchups, but they shouldn't be autolosses. Besides. most control decks I've seen are  designed with aggressive decks in mind.

To me, in a balanced game, you need balance between the play styles so you don't have a rock/paper/ scissors thing happening. That's an artificial balance. If A beats B, B beats C, and C beats A, yes you won't have one particular deck reigning over the tournaments but this isn't balanced to me. Only having A= B=C will you have a truly  balanced game.

And yes, any game will have some sort of those 3 deck arch types, however I never said take out control I love control decks. I just hate counters. They're boring to play and play against.

But it's your game, if you you need to design the decks around that, then go ahead. I was just merely pointing out that in order to have true balance you can't have one deck beat another.

briggs

I've merged these two threads together since they're basically the same.

Wisp

I think i like yu-gi-oh's trap mechanic best, because you can see what the bluff is. I don't like counter cards that much, but i think some can be appropriate as long as the cost is fair and the bluff is predictable.