Making zones appear on the gameboard and other confusions

Started by Paul_MuadDib, February 14, 2016, 08:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_MuadDib

I'm making my own game and it has a set number of zones (15 + hand, discard and deck). They take up lots of space in that bar, which means that it probably isn't the best way to go about this. It is nice to view them in the tabs because some cards might search through the stacks, but I was wondering if there was a way to have the zones simultaneously appear on the table as well? Or at least have the topmost card of the zone appear on the table.

I could see a work around where the user puts the current card on top of the pile in the tab menu, but the only options that are available from right clicking the card are for non-shared zones; if there is a sendto card function that I could use (which I can't see in the tutorial but is in the default version of lackey) which would have the same drop-down menu with specified shared functions it would work perfectly.

I saw this http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.msg16760#msg16760 but I was confused on the details, do the files have to have the same name as the plugin to load?

Is there documentation for pluginpreferences.txt? I never saw it mentioned in the plugin tutorial. I'll experiment around with saving to my own custom preferences so that I can see the options available to me.

I have a few cards that could be useful for scripting, but I'm not sure they can be implemented in Lacky. The zones are split into 3 groupings. An example would be a card that makes dice rolled when other cards are played in that cards group, not any card on the table, and put counters on a different card in that group.

Thanks for any help! Drop me a link if I missed something in the forums or otherwise, keywords can't find everything!