News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Cards forced revealed to opponent

Started by M3SS3NG3R, March 28, 2010, 04:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3SS3NG3R

I'm not sure if this is a problem with lackey or the plugin. I play mainly the MtG plugin. One of the effects is called Cascade: "Remove cards from the top of your library until you draw a non-land card that has lower converted mana cost. You may play this card without paying its cost. Put the removed cards back to the bottom of the library in a random order". The way I go about doing this is simply drag the top card from the library to my sideboard (which is only revealed to myself). Check the card, possibly play it if it satisfies the condition or keep going until it does. Once it's all good I conceal the sideboard to myself, shuffle the sideboard and then send them to the bottom of the library. Problem occurs on the send them to the bottom command. On my side, the log says I "moved a card to the bottom of my library". Seems alright. However on my opponent's screen it actually reads "XXX moved *this particular card* to the bottom of his library" despite the fact that both my sideboard and my library are concealed to everyone (including myself) in the game! :(

Anyone know a way to fix this or how to carry out cascade or similar effects properly in lackey? I'm using the 10-14-09 build.

M3SS3NG3R

After a bit more testing I've confirmed that the revelation happens when I select the cards, right click and then use the "send to TOP/BOTTOM of" commands. To the owner of the cards it will appear as though the cards weren't revealed. However it is in fact revealed in the chat log on his opponent's screen!  :-X So far I haven't found any workaround for this as with a 75 card deck it's pretty much impossible to put cards to the bottom of the library without using send to bottom commands. Oh well. I guess for now people will have to shuffle the whole library instead of shuffling just the removed cards if they don't want to let their opponents figure out what's at the bottom.

whizzerd

well i'm fairly certain u must reveal the cards when u cascade anyway as they need to know that you are playing the first spell that casts less and not just A spell that costs less.....in every game i have played on lackey people just drag the cards from the top of their library onto the battlefield until the hit a spell that costs less and then just highlight all the revealed cards and send to bottom of library from there

M3SS3NG3R

Hmm yeah I just found some discussion about cascade. It seems that you should indeed reveal the cards as you go. It's still kinda weird sending to bottom is doing this though. :(