News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Necro Posting

Started by Alastair, April 19, 2016, 03:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alastair

While we don't have a specific rule against posting in old threads, as some of the most popular threads have been around for quite some time, it's come to my attention that there's been alot of necro posting in this particular board. If you're looking to contribute to a project someone is working on, a good gauge to go by is if the original poster shows as 'Guest' then they've been inactive so long that their account has been deleted and thus the likely hood of you getting any useful reply is basically zero. Also if it's been several years since the last post in a thread, the project is likely either finished or dead. If the original poster is still around, you can try PMing them.

Monox D. I-Fly

Quote from: Alastair on April 19, 2016, 03:41:20 PM
If you're looking to contribute to a project someone is working on, a good gauge to go by is if the original poster shows as 'Guest' then they've been inactive so long that their account has been deleted and thus the likely hood of you getting any useful reply is basically zero.

But most of them are. Does this forum use auto-banning system for members who have been inactive for several years?

Alastair

The accounts aren't banned, but accounts that are inactive for a long period of time are deleted. The only auto-banning is from spam bots and the occasional botnet attack.

Monox D. I-Fly

How long is the limit to get someone's account deleted?

Cyrus

I hope it's okay that I preferred to add a reply to my old thread for my game rather than start a new one, probably should have read this post first!

Alastair

No worries Cyrus, you're still around and still working on your project so I wouldn't really consider it a dead thread. The main issue was with the ones where the original poster/person in charge of the project is no longer around and thus it's basically died.

In regards to the account deletion, I usually trigger it a couple times a year when I do forum maintenance.  When I do it, the accounts that get removed are always 6+ months inactive (since their last login time). And just so there's no misunderstanding when I say the inactive account is deleted, that's all that happens. Their posts remain, they are not banned. If the person ever returns, they can even re-create using their old name.