News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Quotation Marks in the deck file munched.

Started by cyberneticpony, May 25, 2016, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberneticpony

A few of the cards in my plugin have a name such as:

Pattern 1Z - "Box"

When this is saved in the deck editor, this shows up in the file as:

<card><name id="">Pattern 1D - ?Box</name><set>Original</set></card>

The quotation mark is munched and the card goes missing when the deck is reloaded.

cyberneticpony

Further followup, as a workaround, I attempted to remove the quotation marks.

This ends up saving in the file correctly, but when it was loaded from the csv file, the table shows the card as:

Pattern 1Z   Box

With the hyphen mysteriously missing. This also means loading fails to work because it cannot match the correctly saved card (Pattern 1Z - Box) with the loaded database.

What is going on with the parsing?

MasterJediAdam

Are you using a spreadsheet editor like excel or open office spreadsheet? If so, you need to format your column as "text" so that it keeps everything.

You may also just open it in wordpad or text edit and place them in manually.

cyberneticpony

Quote from: MasterJediAdam on May 25, 2016, 05:09:38 PM
Are you using a spreadsheet editor like excel or open office spreadsheet? If so, you need to format your column as "text" so that it keeps everything.

You may also just open it in wordpad or text edit and place them in manually.

No, I checked that, the data is being properly made into the CSV, it's just not loading into Lackey correctly.

Here's how the data is represented in the carddata file:

Pattern 1D ? ?Box? Original Cyber Corp Common Unit Bot Autonomous Worker 2 1 5 Upgrade into Bot.

EDIT: I replaced the hyphens with minuses and that problem stopped existing, which was a sufficient workaround, but I still haven't discovered a workaround for the quotation marks.

StarcatProducts

Hello! From the issues I have encountered while playtesting my games I have noticed that it is best to keep card names simple.
This will allow you to use the various punctuation marks for your ability text without your players getting confused.

Such as Pattern 1D ? ?Box?    you can just name it 1D The Box or Box Bot Worker and this new name removes any special formatting in the name.
This really helps your plugin as TSVs/CSVs are really over-glorified text documents that don't handle formatting too well. :D