News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Scripting Help

Started by facethefact, June 16, 2016, 07:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

facethefact

Hi I'm trying to create a plugin for the game Ashes
I figured out most of the things I needed and already created a first draft of the plugin, but I'm still struggling with part of the game.

In this game each player builds a pool of 10 custom sided dice that goes with his deck, those dice are rolled at the beginning of a round and are the "mana" that the players use during the game.
Those 10 dice can be 4 different type of die, so more than 1 copy of the same die could go in the pool.

Since there's no way to build a "custom" die in Lackey i tried to bypass that in a couple of ways:

1) made 4 different 6 cards decks (deck A, B, C and D) with each card representing each face of the die

A function labled "roll a A die" that moves a random card from the "A" deck to the table do its job for the "randomization" part of the thing I'm looking for. But I cannot roll the same die more than once, since this function is essentialy removing the card from the "A" deck.
And if I want to "reroll" a bunch of dice (that happens at the endo of each round) I have to manually move each card to his own deck.

2) made the die faces Tokens instead of cards in a deck
This way I can spawn a specific die face as much as I want, and tokens can be easily "erased" from the game when I need to reroll that die. But I lose the randomization of the previous solution, I cannot spawn a random token, and I can't divide Tokens in decks.

Anyone can help me finding a solution for my problem? :) Thanks a lot