News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Dragon Ball Z TCG Plugin Feedback

Started by DBZTCG, June 21, 2016, 01:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBZTCG

Please post Feedback and bug reports for the DBZTCG Plugin in this thread.

Known Issues:

Images for the Evolution Expansion are weird on Windows (maybe the other platforms too). An annoying (but only necessary once) workaround is to open each image inside MS Paint and hit Ctrl-s (no need to make any actual edits at all) then close the image.

So workflow looks like this:

• Right-click on an Evolution image in Windows Explorer
  • Choose "Edit"
  • Ctrl-s
  • Click the exit "X" (or type Alt-f, x)
  • Repeat for all bugged Evolution images (nearly all of them)

This should work as long as you don't have something fancy like PhotoShop installed that's triggered by "Edit". If you do have something else installed, you can probably find a way to do what I describe above in PhotoShop.

menarus

Really just wanted to say thank you for doing this and that I look forward to seeing the new set that was just released soon.

One quick question on the fix, however. Where exactly are the card images located, such that I can edit them to fix it?

DBZTCG

Quote from: menarus on July 01, 2016, 10:14:25 PM
Really just wanted to say thank you for doing this...

Glad to do it. Please spread the word if you know anyone who likes to play. I'd love to log on to the Lackey Server someday and see some games going on.

...I look forward to seeing the new set that was just released soon.

Just added it and uploaded the new version. Doesn't look like the Lackey client is recognizing that there is a new version so you may have to update manually using the "Plugin: dbztcg" tab.

Go ahead and post here if things don't work out like I hope they will.

Side note: I could have had the set added yesterday, but Panini goofed on their checklist page. The C18 link takes you to the image for C17. I didn't want to release missing an image so I had to do some digging to find it.

One quick question on the fix, however. Where exactly are the card images located, such that I can edit them to fix it?

I assume you are on Windows, yes? If you are using an iPad I'm afraid I don't actually know either. We might need to elicit help from some of the gurus here on the forum.

But proceeding under the assumption you are using some flavor of Windows, there should be a LackeyCCG directory from back when you unzipped Lackey after downloading it.

You need to start in that directory and go to:

...\LackeyCCG\plugins\dbztcg\sets\setimages\Evolution

That's the directory where the Evolution images are stored (note how it's underneath that LackeyCCG directory I mentioned above).

If you have no idea where your LackeyCCG directory is, you can do a file search on the disk drive where you think it should be. You can search for the file:

eC001.jpg

In the search results, right-click and select "Open file location". That should also take you to the correct directory. Double clicking will probably just open the picture in "Image Viewer" which isn't all that helpful for what we're trying to do.

Please post here if that doesn't work/make sense. Otherwise, enjoy and I hope to see you on the server someday!

menarus

Sorry, got really busy.

I've already gotten one friend to play and likely another soon. I know I've seen at least one other person running the plugin on the server as well.

The update was recognized immediately, even said it needed to update for vengeance. That's funny about the goof up though.

But you're instructions were fine, and well written. I'm very savvy so it wasn't that much of an issue, though it'll definitely help others. For some reason I just couldn't find the image directory in the lackey one and I swear I checked every subdirectory... but apparently I was just being blind. I found them with the help of your explorer path, so thank you.

Anyways, cheers. We'll have to play sometime.