News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Potential plugin expansion

Started by Slicetheluffy, June 21, 2016, 05:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slicetheluffy

For more than a year i've been expanding on the mtg plugin for lackey. My "expansion" hopes to give every card a unique sound effect. The sound folder in my expansion totals to 168 files. Mythic cards even have distinct sfx in this project. I've also added more cards like special event cards such as stocking tiger & naughty/nice. So far i've finished the ice age block and alara reborn the rest of the blocks are missing but have plenty of sfx. My sound expansion can also easily be installed over the magic plugin when it updates.

Again i'm not so sure if i can do this or if i need Snoogy's permission but help would be appreciated.

AuraDragon

Hello!  :D

I wasn't even aware there were special holiday cards until now!  I'll add them in the next update, just for completeness sake.

As for the sounds, how large are they?  I've been attempting to trim back the plugin size and installation time to make it easier for people to get in to Lackey for Magic, since our community is rather small.  Adding 168 files to the initial download would be rather counter intuitive from this standpoint, so I'm not willing to merge with your expansion.

Lackey used to (or it was planned to) have a feature to replace the sound column of the data file, depending on certain criteria like Type = Elf or what-have-you.  Unfortunately this function doesn't work right now, and it might never work.

Alas, you don't need permission to make a plugin to Magic.  ;)  And as long as plugininfo.txt and the names column, sets column, number and order of cards in the card data files aren't modified, you won't get any out-of-sync problems either.

Slicetheluffy

First of all, thanks for taking the time to actually read this post Snoogy. The list of changes include

+modified listofcarddatafiles.txt to include "allcards5.txt".
+added Allcards5.txt in sets which include holiday cards and fan made cards.
+171 sounds which total to 26mb
+modified pack definitions 1&2 to include one land in each booster pack.

+A new bot

+Fanmade and special holiday cards like Exotic chief, dragonstorm, abeb whale hunter, snow mercy, yule ooze (Although, if you're planning on adding these cards I will remove them from my expansion).

These are all the changes but the best thing about my plugin would be all the sfx ive added for the cards. I have been working around this expansion for almost 2 years and all files were trimmed, edited with audacity and made into wav files.

AuraDragon

The Magic plugin's ListOfCardDataFiles.txt includes "allcards0.txt" exactly for unofficial expansions.

I believe the Eternal Masters packs don't have guaranteed lands, according to the wiki: "Each booster contains 15 playable cards: 10 commons, 3 uncommons and one rare or mythic rare, and one foil card".  Draft websites seem to suggest this as well.

And uh...

I goofed.

I said
Quote from: Snoogy on June 21, 2016, 06:48:07 PMcounter intuitive from this standpoint, so I'm willing to merge
but I meant I'm not willing to merge, for the counter intuitive point.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Lackey isn't the best program for downloading files, so adding 171 sounds would make the Magic plugin take like 10 minutes to install.

Slicetheluffy

oh, i see. i'll move everything to allcards0.txt then.
And i wasn't sure if eternal masters had any lands i just added that line to all packs : \

and not merging is okay but can i still work on a separate plugin based on yours?

AuraDragon

Quote from: Slicetheluffy on June 23, 2016, 01:25:14 PM
oh, i see. i'll move everything to allcards0.txt then.
allcards0.txt is so that people can add and remove sets without overwriting or changing any files in the plugin.  If you're overwriting files anyway then there is no reason to use allcards0.txt, but there's no reason not to either...  so, do whatever?   :P

And i wasn't sure if eternal masters had any lands i just added that line to all packs : \
It has lands - but they don't have a specific spot in the pack like most sets, they are just regular common cards according to distribution.

and not merging is okay but can i still work on a separate plugin based on yours?
Yep.  If you want to play with people using your plugin I'd recommend saying something on the game server since only 5% of players actually visit the forums.  :o