News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Looking for info from lost posts

Started by Cyrus, November 08, 2009, 06:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

Awhile ago someone mentioned that they had League-type software or knew where to get it to set up ladders and whatnot on a website. I'm trying to put together such a site for a different program, and would greatly appreciate those links.

Thanks!

Alastair

We've got the backup of the previous posts (which is itself partially corrupted), but pulling such information will be problematic at best. I'am willing to give it a shot if you can give me a time period or keywords (or both) to search for.

Cyrus

all I know is that they were talking about leagues and such, and that it was in the tournament forum. someone had posted a link that had software you can install on your website to run magic league type tournament stuff. its not a neccessity for me or the site i'm working on, but it'd be awesome if you happen to find it.
thanks either way

Alastair

I'll see if I can find it for ya as I have the time, but no promises.

legend zero

That might have been me. I haves ladder website were just getting up an running right now, so I bet I probable mentioned it on here.

Cyrus

Quote from: Legend Zero on November 11, 2009, 07:49:08 AM
That might have been me. I haves ladder website were just getting up an running right now, so I bet I probable mentioned it on here.

do you happen to know where I can get ladder-type software to put on a website? if its something that has to be built from the ground up them I probably can't do it, but if you happen to know of a way to just sort of plug it in to a website and configure it from there that'd be great. Its for a totally different program with a very small user base so I doubt we'd be competing much either, haha

legend zero

Try to catch me in the shout box. We paid about $300 for this all to be buit so I can't just hand it over, but we're just starting BETA in the program so we might be able to figure something out as far as sharing on the site we already started.

It already has Halo, 1 TCG, and some other games, why not something else totally random??? Check it out here:
http://www.kryptongaming.com/

Cyrus

wow, the website is really awesome! 300 bucks though, dang, i better learn me some MySQL and PHP, haha.

anyways, the problem is that the game that is being played is Magic, and I don't want to publically advertise the program here since this is Trevor's program's forum and that wouldn't be cool. Right now they are just running the league by hand in my forums and its doing fine, its small enough (about 20 players per tournament tops).

Thanks though, keep up the good work on the site, looks really good.

Cth

I can't remeber of the top of my head but there is a SMF free plugin for running a gaming ladder that works very well... I'll try and find it and post it here... it has calenders, leagues, all sorts of cool stuff

<------- EDIT

Ok found it.. it is not for SMF it is for phpbb3.. and it is http://www.phpbbrivals.com dose everythign you could ever need in a ladder system.

Cyrus

Quote from: Cth on November 12, 2009, 07:15:16 PM
I can't remeber of the top of my head but there is a SMF free plugin for running a gaming ladder that works very well... I'll try and find it and post it here... it has calenders, leagues, all sorts of cool stuff

<------- EDIT

Ok found it.. it is not for SMF it is for phpbb3.. and it is http://www.phpbbrivals.com dose everythign you could ever need in a ladder system.

man that is really great too. i'll have to see about using that in the future. thanks for the link!