News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Feature Request: Disable Card Orientation Fixing?

Started by Tokimo, November 11, 2009, 11:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokimo

In some games there are cards that are very clearly 'sideways' (Plains in magic, creates or adventures in harry potter, a bunch of stuff in star wars). The engine correctly shows them 'text up' in the preview window on the side but then (clevery?) orients them 'text right' when you drop them into view.

(gosh I always feel like a tool requesting features)

Alastair

I think the best approach on this would be to allow an option for plugin makers to "turn on" the sideways facing. Have it default to current behavior of course, but if it's defined on a particular card, then let that override the normal behavior.

Tokimo

At the moment I'm not aware of any cards that look 'long and flat' in the preview window but you actually want to come into play 'tall and skinny'.

Add in, if you have tap mechanics and a mix of flat and tall cards, the tap untap buttons aren't going to work for the flat cards.

mathman1550

Quote from: Tokimo on November 12, 2009, 07:52:57 AM
At the moment I'm not aware of any cards that look 'long and flat' in the preview window but you actually want to come into play 'tall and skinny'.

Add in, if you have tap mechanics and a mix of flat and tall cards, the tap untap buttons aren't going to work for the flat cards.
Well to use Harry Potter as an example (shameless plug for Harry Potter TCG), all cards that stay in play are landscape orientation, all spells that are discarded as played are in portrait orientation. Since most of the cards stay in play, I have to use a lot of "Tapping" to get them into their proper order.

chriscone

mathman1550

In theory I could, but that is beyond the point, I want to be able to play them and not have to tap them in the first place. Besides, Untapping and retapping a card is useful to show an opponent quickly what card is being used for something you are describing.

Snooby