News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

[UPDATE] "Kaladesh" added to Magic plugin

Started by AuraDragon, September 21, 2016, 04:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuraDragon

Please report any problems with the KLD set here.

PLUGIN LINK: http://www.normalitycomics.com/magicplugin/high/updatelist.txt

I am not Bort, and I do not represent Bort.

Have fun!

Notes:

• Energy Token now spawns from cards that generate energy counters.

Versions:

• 2016-9-21 : Initial release.
  • 2016-9-24 : Released Kaladesh Inventions.  Removed Duel Decks and Vintage Masters.
  • 2016-10-18 : Released Tempest Remastered.  Added Blue Counters.  Re-added Duel Decks and Vintage Masters.

MrHyena

Will the Kaladesh Inventions get added, like the Zendikar Expeditions?

AuraDragon

MrHyena

Oh? Why'd the Duel Decks and Vintage Masters get removed?

Some of the cards in those sets were the only way to get updated card frames.

Johnny Blaze

just curious as to how we get energy counters for these cards with no token

Stangg

QuoteRemoved Duel Decks and Vintage Masters.

So like...why, though? What reason could there be for removing those sets? Lackey does not auto-replace these now-invalid cards with a different printing or anything...so removing these sets from the plugin literally broke a bunch of peoples' decks. My friends and I have dozens of decks saved in Lackey and now any decks that used cards from those sets are suddenly MISSING CARDS when we load them in; for example, if a deck used to have the Angels Vs. Demons printing of Demonic Tutor, it will now be gone from the deck with no indication that it used to be there.

I've used the magic plugin on Lackey for years at this point, and I've never seen anything like this happen before. Is there any chance those sets will ever be returned to the plugin? Or is there at least an explanation for why they got removed in the first place? I just hope this doesn't end up being an occurrence that happens again in the future...

AuraDragon

Hello!

If enough people wish for Duel Decks and Vintage Masters to be in the plugin, they can be put back in.  However I noticed that few - if any - people actually used Vintage Masters, and as for the couple cards Duel Decks, well one can simply copy the card image over one of the other printings.

As new reprint sets like Modern Masters and Eternal Masters sets come out, the Vintage Masters set becomes less and less necessary.  Additionally, the card images for Vintage Masters are pretty bad.

And on the subject of decks having missing cards in your decks, one can open up their deck file with something like notepad and change the set identifier of cards from Duel Decks to another set where they were printed, like Alpha for Demonic Tutor.  Just make sure you don't save your deck while it's missing cards or Lackey will erase the fact that the card was ever there to begin with.

bunbun

You're removing cards that people "don't play enough"? How would you feel if someone removed all the Masterpieces just because that person doesn't like the frames? The printings exist and they should be in the plugin. That's already an issue on its own, but then you acknowledge that the change actually breaks existing decks and you're fine with that? I don't want to manually sift through my various 100-card decks to make sure they didn't stop working because of this pointless retcon. I already had a game where I got color-screwed because I didn't realize that you just removed all the swamps from my deck without telling me, and who knows what else got changed on top of that...

Johnny Blaze

bunbun

I just spawn an Experience Counter token for now, and use +1 counters on it for each energy. I used to use just a blank spawned card, but those apparently disappear when you reload the game after a disconnect (lackey's fault, not the plugin's, I think).

Stangg

Quote from: Snoogy on October 08, 2016, 02:14:25 AMAs new reprint sets like Modern Masters and Eternal Masters sets come out, the Vintage Masters set becomes less and less necessary.  Additionally, the card images for Vintage Masters are pretty bad.

Except basically the entire point of Vintage Masters was to reprint a bunch of cards that were on the reserved list and can't ever be reprinted ever again...

While I agree that the images for the set noticeably stood out a little compared to the other card scans, I for one certainly don't mind that if it means getting to have the new frame and cool new art on the alpha dual lands/wheel of fortune/other unobtainable old cards. The option should be there for people who want it.

(By the way, I just want to mention that I don't mean to come off as overly hostile or anything. I totally appreciate the fact that you're maintaining this plugin for people like me to use and I understand that it's probably a lot of hard work to do so. It's just that this one issue has really caused me some grief and annoyance)

AuraDragon

I wasn't aware so many people used Duel Decks and Vintage Masters.  At the time of removal I hadn't seen anybody using them.  I've put them back in.

DarthSydius

I just want to thank the great work you do and I am very grateful that you put the new sets, I know that experienced players do not like it at all, but me and my friends we really like those sets. Thank you, sincerely.

Pd.  Sorry the bad english.

Stangg

Thank you very much for being receptive and putting those back in. I'm really glad and relieved! (Also yay for the energy counter card and blue counters!  :D)