News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Different card backs not working

Started by ransomman, October 22, 2016, 08:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ransomman

Hello,

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I am having difficulty with multiple card backs. Cards with backs other than the default back do not display with images at all. Well, they display with my spawned.jpg image.

I am creating a plugin for the new Arkham Horror card game and there are not only multiple card backs for player cards vs. encounter cards, but many of the game's cards have alternate sides, with alternate text.

I have put into my plugininfo.txt the <definition><kind>ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS</kind></definition>
I have also tried <definition><kind>ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS</kind><value>yes</value></definition>

Neither have worked to fix my issue.

In my carddata.txt file I have tried labeling the cell in the imagefile column as (card),(card) as instructed, but with no success.
Specifically, my image files are called AHC01_1a and AHC01_1b so I have tried AHC01_1a,AHC01_1b in the column with no success. I know I have created the carddata.txt file correctly because all other, non-multi-card-back cards display correctly with their images and the default card back when I load the plugin.

I have tried to eliminate the underscores with no success.
I have tried putting the image files in alternate locations with no success. For example, I currently have the image files saved under AHLCG(plugin)->sets->setimages->core. I have tried to save each file in a specific file for card backs under setimages to no success. I have tried putting the alternate backs with my general card backs under AHLCG(plugin)->sets->setimages->general.

I'm stumped. I am not finished with inputting all of my card data into my carddata.txt file nor have I finished including all of the definitions I want for the plugininfo.txt but I wanted to solve this issue before spending so much time on this. Is there a need for me to delete the card text of the cards with multi-backs? I dont know what to do!

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jake

AuraDragon

Could you attach the plugin so I can take a look?

ransomman

It seems the plugin is too big. Should I try sending an email?

AuraDragon

Could you remove all the images from the plugin except one card's front and back image?  Images are the largest files in the plugin, removal of excessive images should be sufficient.

If that's not enough for some reason, you can send me an email at ccHappyDays(at)gmail(dot)com

ransomman

Hello,

It's been a long time since I asked this question, but here I am again!

The file is still too big for some reason!

I'll email you.

ransomman

FIXED!!

Ok, so all I did was take the advice in the plugin creation about copy/pasting the excel info into a text editor like WordPad. I copied everything into TextEdit (Mac) and converted it to plain text and BAM! It worked!

Maybe my version of excel was making it all funky like the plugin tutorial said!

Thanks everyone!

AuraDragon

Glad you got it fixed!  You have to watch out for exporting with Excel since it sometimes puts quotation marks around names - although I have no idea why.

Copy pasting is what even I do when I'm updating the Magic plugin.

MasterJediAdam

I use OpenOffice spreadsheet and it works very well in avoiding extra characters.

jorch72

Excel adds quotes on names that have comas.
This comes from the definition of a CSV.

Quote from: Snoogy on December 28, 2016, 09:31:16 PM
You have to watch out for exporting with Excel since it sometimes puts quotation marks around names - although I have no idea why.

jorch72

Quote from: ransomman on December 28, 2016, 05:24:41 AM
FIXED!!

Hi, found a couple of errors in the plugin:

• In the updatelist.txt there are spaces in some  of the names, so the images are not being found.
  • updatelist.txt doesn't define a URL for CoH/AHCoH_32b.jpg (The Shadow of the Eclipse)
  • 4 of these errors for TDL_ECE/encounter.jpg  (from different sets)