News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Where are the people?

Started by Neoteuthis, November 14, 2016, 12:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neoteuthis

Is it usually this dead here?
Are there other programs/locations people use for this sort of thing? I am looking to be able to play Pierce TCG online with people and try to spread it's popularity, maybe start a crowd crowdfunding.

Jynks

There are a number of good applications for "virtual desktops" but only two that I know if which are specifically designed for Card Games and there are a lot of pro and con arguments for both apps.

LackeyCCG and OCTGN are the two big card game apps that I know of.

OCTGN has a cleaner more "modern" interface and a number of online systems that really help it. It is most hampered by the fact that it is PC only, but I hear he is working on a Mac port. LackeyCCG on the other hand is more clunky, though imo once you get into it that is not a problem, but it is a barrier to some younger players BUT lackey plays on Mac, PC, Linux and iPad and the server system means you can play with people using any platform. Pretty cool. It also has things like save sates and the like, which OCTGN dose not have. OCTGN also tries to get you to pay a subscription fee. It is not compulsory but unlocks a ton of cool features the best of witch is a card image manager to "drop in images" into the deck builder. Also OCTGN has some advanced scripting features so many of the large plugins "understand" they game rules to a extent. Personally I dislike this kind of thing and like the game to function like a card game in real life. It also has a custom card template system so plugin guys can add cards with out scans and users can still play.

There is also TableTopSimulator on steam. Vassal and Battlegrounds. These are more focused on boardgames though.

As far as I know there is not a lot of other options.

mathman1550

I remember a few years ago there was a lot more discussion in the forums, but back then the program was still in development and updates (along with new bugs) were coming every few months. Also there were a lot of people making plugins for their favorite games and trying to figure it out. There are now so many games that have had a plugin made at some point, that its pretty easy to look at those as examples of how to do your own, along with following the better instructions on the website.  Now there is a lot less traffic on the forum because there are no program updates (lately) and its pretty easy to make a plugin.