News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Rage and B5 plugins

Started by picks-at-flies, November 12, 2009, 05:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picks-at-flies

Ok, this is now the official thread if you want fixes/adjustments to either of my plugins.  I do have one question for players:  if anyone wants a middle-size image, can you state how big you want it?  Thanks,

PaF

Tokimo

I find the high quality magic cards to be a very good size (312 x 445 or so). I don't know if you can scale them up to that for Rage (or do I have the small size? 200 x 285), but if you were going to add another size that'd be my recommendation.

Calder84

Is the B5 in Lackey itself your B5 Plugin? Im getting black images.

picks-at-flies

Thanks for flagging that.  I was only thinking the other day that I hadn't put the links here, but I was ill and passed on it.  The following are the low and high links you need - copy the appropriate link into the AutoUpdate box.

Rage:
http://www.werepenguin.com/rage/lackey/low/updatelist.txt
http://www.werepenguin.com/rage/lackey/high/updatelist.txt

Babylon 5:
http://www.werepenguin.com/B5/lackey/low/updatelist.txt
http://www.werepenguin.com/B5/lackey/high/updatelist.txt

N.B.  The first Rage link has changed (it used to be medium) since I'm planning to put a medium in there, and now seemed like a good time to change it.

picks-at-flies

Update:  Thanks to Fenris, I spotted a bug in the low res updatelist file that stopped it downloading images.  Remember to run the autoupdate from the new location - http://www.werepenguin.com/rage/lackey/low/updatelist.txt

hedgeamon

this is about b5, Me and my friends have been putting in notes to keep track of how many marks are on each card (vorlon, shadow, conspiracy, strife, etc) is there a better way to do this?

picks-at-flies

Sadly, I don't have a better answer.  There are so many counters I can put on the card* which really leaves a choice between stats and marks.  It was stats when I took over and I didn't really think that the counters would work clearly enough for marks.  I'm willing to reconsider if you can think it will work and can suggest some sensible colour allocations.

* There's more available, but probably not enough and we would run out of room on the command button line.  Possible colours are:

Black, White, Red (damage), Orange (Military/Leadership), Yellow, Green (Dip), Blue (Intrigue), Indigo (Psi I think), Violet.

hedgeamon

Sadly I think you've probably got it figured out best... It does actually work to use the notes, which I'm not sure anything but an entire 6 more kinds of marks would do any better.. hell even if you had the spare marks to use they would probably get confusing with colors being to similar... I forgot how we kept track of every change when we actually used the cards years ago.

picks-at-flies

Rage:  another update (use autoupdate as normal): 
# Sahel and Rainfall now have proper images (thanks, Fenris)
# I've fixed a couple of card text errors. 
# I've created additional 'formats' - you can now limit your search to printed or fan sets. 
# And I've put 'keywords' and 'requires' into the search options instead of the 'keyword' which combined the two - this was a legacy from CCG Workshop.  Unfortunately most characters seem to have their traits (keywords) in the 'requires' field.  It's not difficult to work around it until I spend the effort needed to fix it.

picks-at-flies

Both:  Rage has been added to the built-in plugin list, and the B5 entry in the list now points to the current plugin.  Thanks Trevor!

Rage:  now with Hellcats
- I've added the Hellcats playtest cards, and even updated them to reflect recent changes.
- I eliminated a couple of columns in the database ('Keyword' and 'Gender' for those keeping track; gender is now including in the keywords).
- I fixed the Character entries mentioned in the previous post.

If you want to play Rage, why not keep in contact with other players via Twitter or Facebook (look for Rage CCG).  They are linked, so you only need one!

Picks-at-Flies

I've just finished a large update for the Rage plugin on Lackey CCG.  In this update:

• Hellcats is available.  (Don't forget the art survey.)
  • Intermezzo received an upgrade (more on that elsewhere)
  • Curse of Set is now available for playtesting (Expansion:  Ahadi-playtest)
But that's not all: two-sided characters can now be flipped!  Press Shift in the deck builder, or use Ctrl normally in the game.  Sept cards have sept backs and combat cards have combat backs.

Note that it's not polished at the moment.  For my own sanity, only the breed forms where crinos is separate flip.  I also left the crinos forms separate for now so the update didn't break peoples' decks.  But please note that in the next big update I will be reworking the database to remove separate crinos forms so start removing them from your decks now.

The update includes what I hope is an improved "defaultchat" file, that's the autotext buttons above the text box.  "Set" has been renamed "Expansion" for technical reasons.

bester

When I try to update from URL http://www.werepenguin.com/B5/lackey/high/updatelist.txt I get the error "timed out while updating the plugin" I don't get this for other CCGs. Is there a problem?

Gordon228

just asking a question about the B5 plugin dost that card game have tokens if not then make tokens for all the stuff you need as from what i reed there is a lot of stuff that needs to be on the cards. just my thought

Picks-at-Flies

@Bester - that's because somebody managed to transform "B5" into "b5" while copying and pasting into the autoupdate list!  Capitalise B5 and it should work.  When I have a moment I'll poke Trevor again.

@Gordon - I have no idea what you are getting at, but I can't think of any tokens that are needed for B5.

TheBuck

Anyone here want to give me a refresher course on Rage? Been a while since I've played.

Side note:Wish more folks would play more games on lackey.