News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Need help getting card pics to DL

Started by silence731, April 29, 2017, 04:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silence731

Hope your still around Snoogy, working on my 1st expansion and need some help, running into the same problem i think as last time, the images arent showing up, and i have triple checked to make sure that everything looks like it did last time, ive checked the cardimageurl: and cardurlfiles: and its the same as the other games i have downloaded but the images just wont show up, ive reread everything we worked through in this post but nothing seems to be helping,
      i admit im a little rusty as its been so long but this is kinda like riding a bike, once ya read through it all comes back, so i dont know where my problem is at, do i have to make a new cardimagefiles<add expansion name here>.text with that one added into the updatelist.txt file or am i just doing something wrong and not seeing it?

Edit:Ok after having some more time to troubleshoot this, i deleted my plugin from my other computer and redownloaded it, now there are no card pictures whatsoever, so im thinking it may be an issue with dropbox not sending the picture files, on my other computer there are no folders for the card images but everything else is there.

AuraDragon

Could you upload the plugin?  Then I'll be able to help debug.   ;)

silence731

plugins the civilization plugin, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ifq52b8ehmcvmsi/updatelist.txt theres the link for it, i hope its not a dropbox issue and i just have a typo somewhere

AuraDragon

There are three things resulting in this issue.

• Your update list file needs a "CardGeneralURLs:" entry, otherwise Lackey throws a hissy fit and won't actually use your card image files.  Personally I just added
    CardGeneralURLs:
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/
  • Your card images file starts with "CardImageURLs", but it should start with "CardImageURLs:" (note the ":" )
  • Your destination entries in your card image file lack ".jpg" at the end, meaning Lackey will download the image but will not give it an extension, making it useless.

Also, unrelated to your issue:  I can tell you're saving your document using Excel or Libre, since when you do you end up with quotations around strings of text.  If you don't want quotations around strings of text you can copy the document and paste it into notepad or similar, and then save it.

silence731

ok, added the cardgeneralurls: onto the updatelist, dont remember having to do that last time. may have but that was over a year ago lol

and for number 2-ok with this one, at the top of the file itself, where last time i had the name and date, i had changed it to the cardimargeurls, i added a : after that and now lackey is trying to DL the card images but wont do it, it gets to 100% but no card, so it must link to #3 now, right?

and for 3- if im understanding correctly, inside the CardImageURLs.txt file on my side its showing .jpg after all the card names
general/City_Size_1   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pekzo97z3bks88o/City_Size_1.jpg, so what am i doing wrong with that one, or am i looking in the wrong place again?

Edit: ok, now after adding the CardGeneralURLs line into the update list, it times out lackey and crashes it and it deleted all the card images off the main computer too, the only copies i have now are on dropbox, so now im feeling really stupid lol

AuraDragon

1. Actually... Lackey hasn't been updated in a couple years now!  xD

2. You added CardImageURLs: to the top of the UpdateList.txt file!?  I meant in the CardImageURLs.txt file...  :(

3. The destination is on the left, source is on the right;  So it should be:
general/City_Size_1.jpg   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pekzo97z3bks88o/City_Size_1.jpg
The fact that cards are downloading to 100% but not appearing means you're downloading the card but it's not being given the right name (or extension (.jpg), in this case).

silence731

Thank you for the help again, think i got it all figured out now, and my base files correctly notated so i dont run into this problem if i make another epxansion :)

as for #2- i dont think i explained very well lol, i meant the file name itself but the naming convention wouldnt let me do it, so i was thinking the name of the file was supposed to be CardImageURLs:.txt, with the : in the name of the file itself. not inside the updatelist, although that thought did cross my mind briefly.  :o

Now to redo a few cards to make them easier to read, old age is a killer and plays havock with the eyesight.