A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Couple of newbie questions

Started by Vandervecken, July 06, 2017, 11:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandervecken

Hi there,
I'm working on a new plugin, and have some questions:
1) One of the tools I would most like in plugin creation is to limit card functions to certain zones. Most card functions tend to work either in play, or in the Hand, but not in both.
How can I make life easy for my players by limiting the menus by zone?

2) How can I set different game modes within the same plugin, using the same cardset? The modes have different gamezones, deckzones, and some different General Functions. What's the most userfriendly way to do this?

3) My game involves two decks in the Deck Editor. How can I set a format to bind one of the two decks, but not the other?

Thanks,
Vandervecken

Vandervecken

Anyone?
Is this the right forum for plugin creation help?

Thanks,
Vandervecken

AuraDragon

Yes, it's the right section.

Lackey is a very unrestrained program, and it doesn't automate anything (except for some individual scripting for cards).  You can't make functions that can be used from anywhere besides the field, instead you have to rely on the player to play cards properly.

You can't set game modes, you can only define simple general functions, zones and cards.

The player themselves can decide which gamezone to load a deck to (such as their hand, or deck).

Vandervecken

Thanks for the reply!
I notice that there's a card function called "Play" that isn't defined in the plugininfo.txt. It seems to be always there, and it seems to be the only way to move a card from the hand to the board. I would like to define an alternative "play" function that flips the card over as it moves it to the board, but I can't seem to do that, as there is no card function that can move a card from the hand to the deck.