News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Connection Problem or standard idiocy ?

Started by kalle, April 07, 2010, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalle

Hi All!
im new here, and i first want to thank you for the great effort to find a cheaper (and more practical) way to play my favorite ccgs with my friends in different towns.

Here's my problem: I downloaded Lackey, it seems to run fine (on win 7 ultimate), but i don't seem to be able to use any functions that require an internet connection ... when i try to load a plugin with autoupdate, i get the "Error: timed out while updating the plugin." message, same goes for the pluginfinder ...
And when i start LackeyCCG updater, i get: "Download failed. Error = 0x800C0005 No message available."
Port Forwarding for 25710 is activated, and i can't think of anything else to do (maybe that's the problem  ;) ).

Is this a known problem, did i miss some thread for newbs (hehe) or some other form of major stupidity on my part or ist everything i try to reach down by accident just now ?  ;D

Trevor

What plugin are you trying to install? There may be a problem with it.

Try connecting to the server. If you can't, maybe you have a really anal firewall turned on.

Sadahige

I ran into the same problem, tried disabilng my firewall, didn't help, I've also tried re-installing lackey and downloading multiple plugins along with connectingto the server.

picks-at-flies

This seems to be the same problem TheBuck is having.  While we found a way for him to connect to the server, image and updatelist.txt downloads are timing out.

TheBuck

Yeah no matter what pulgin I try to get or even the images of a current plugin I have everything times out.

Trevor

Quote from: picks-at-flies on April 22, 2010, 11:19:18 AM
This seems to be the same problem TheBuck is having.  While we found a way for him to connect to the server, image and updatelist.txt downloads are timing out.
What do you mean you found "a way" for him to connect to the server? Why couldn't he connect to it normally?

Trevor

Quote from: TheBuck on April 22, 2010, 10:19:15 PM
Yeah no matter what pulgin I try to get or even the images of a current plugin I have everything times out.
What specific autoupdate URL are you using?

TheBuck

Well I tired a list that Pick-at-flies sent me and that didn't work then I just went back to using whatever the default is for build 10-14-09.

As for MTG I went to the pulgin website and tried that one but still nada.

picks-at-flies

Quote from: Trevor on April 27, 2010, 12:26:54 PM
Quote from: picks-at-flies on April 22, 2010, 11:19:18 AM
What do you mean you found "a way" for him to connect to the server? Why couldn't he connect to it normally?
I *think* he had to bypass his router, but even after doing that it didn't let him download anything.

TheBuck

Yeah I have to unplug from my router to get lackey to connect.