Author Topic: Mecha Warriors Orginal Card Game (Players and Feedback Needed)  (Read 552 times)

xdarkgeox

• View Profile
Mecha Warriors Orginal Card Game (Players and Feedback Needed)
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »
AutoUpdate Files:

Complete (Includes All Rarities and pack definitions): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/Complete/updatelist.txt

Core (All Cards are Common No Packs): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/updatelist.txt

Tag: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/Tag/updatelist.txt

FFA:  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/Ffa/updatelist.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Current GitHub: https://github.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors

Current Rulebook: http://www.mediafire.com/file/owkhv4ovkyrkdxj/Mecha+Warriors+2.0.2+Rule+Book.pdf

Desktop Background: http://imgur.com/QR5q1Xk

About the Game:
In Mecha Warriors you pilot your own mech, and utilize your weapons to their fullest potential as weapons are your gateway for utilizing attack cards. Weapons are attached to various parts of your mech throughout the game, and every weapon has HP which determines the amount of damage it can take before the weapon is destroyed. In this game, each Mech has a standard mecha HP of 30. If your opponent has 0 mecha HP, you win the game. You will primarily achieve this by repeatedly attacking parts of your opponent’s mech with attack cards. Attacking will always be directed towards parts, and if a weapon is attached to a part that you have attacked, it will impact damage towards your opponent’s mecha HP and weapon HP. Mecha Warriors has various game mechanics and cards types to help you become victorious in this game.

Deck Requirement:
30 cards in main deck and 2 cards in starting cards section [32 cards in general excluding necessity tokens]. The “Power Up” card must be in the starting cards or token area of the deck. There can only be 2 copies of each unique card (except Mecha Cards) in a single deck. 

Starting Cards:
•   1 Mecha Card (Required)
•   1 Compatible Regular Type Weapon Card (Required)

Main Deck:
•   Up to 7 Weapon Cards
•   Variety Number of Attack cards
•   Variety Number of Upgrade Cards
•   Variety Number of Secret Cards

Tokens
•   1 “Power Up” Upgrade Card (Required)
•   Weapon Extension cards
•   Attack Tokens
•   Weapon Tokens

Field: Each side of the field is divided into 2 zones, the mecha zone and attack zone. The mecha zone consist of your mecha card and all body parts in which weapons can be attached to. Up to 3 secret cards can also be placed face down on top of the mecha card.   The attack zone consist of attack cards and where upgrade cards briefly go. The following picture shows what a field may look like.

Mecha Cards:

Info: The mecha card is the main card in the overall game, and thus is limited to one per deck. Every weapon, assault attack, upgrade, and secret card is based on this card. The mecha card determines the playing style of the overall deck.

There are 5 types of Mecha cards and each type has their unique playing style

• Normal – Normal types has no specialization, and can use several of types of effects but at a weaker state.
  • Melee – Melee types specializes on stunning weapons and establishing on board attacks.
  • Grunt – Grunt types specializes on piercing a lot of damage towards your opponent’s mecha HP. (A Grunt deck is not available in plugin yet but it is in the works)
  • Machinery – Machinery specializes in impacting low damage towards multiple parts at once. (A Machinery deck is not available in plugin yet but it is in the works)
  • Sniper – Sniper specializes in impacting high damage towards specific parts. (A sniper Deck is not available in plugin yet but it is in the works)

Weapon Cards:

Info: The weapon card is the main playmaker of the game. Weapon cards allows you to use attack cards which most attack cards cannot not do on their own.

There are 3 types of weapon cards in the game

Regular: This weapon card type is what regular attack cards revolves around. Each deck must have 1 regular weapon card at every deck as their starting weapon.

Protective: This weapon card type can protect the player from attacks and attack damage. Your opponent must always direct their attacks towards the protective weapon card, as long as you have a protective card on the field. You also cannot take mecha damage from attacks directed towards your protective weapon card. YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 1 PROTECTIVE WEAPON ON YOUR MECHA ZONE AT A TIME.   

Temporary: Temporary weapon cards can spawn attack tokens, and only last for a certain amount of turns indicated by the turn limit. When the turn limit expires, the weapon card self-destructs. Tokens spawned to the field are automatically returned to the token pile (not sent to the junkyard) if the temporary weapon that spawned it leaves the field. YOU CANNOT RETURN THIS TYPE TO THE HAND (except by card effect) OR ATTACH TWO COPPIES OF THE SAME CARD ONTO YOUR MECHA ZONE.

Attack Cards:

Info: Attack cards is the main card that impacts damage towards your opponent. Attack cards need specific weapon cards to set them, this is listed on the card. Attack cards have their own effect, and abilities that are useful in the heat of battle.

There are 2 types of weapon cards in the game

Regular: The attack card type is the most common form of dealing damage. Regular attack cards need a weapon to associate with by matching a regular weapon card’s category to a regular attack card’s WCR and matching the attack card’s WNR to the regular weapon card’s name. Regular attack cards need a weapon to associate to or it cannot be set at all. When a regular attack card is “base” set from the hand it is set in the unready position. There can be an unlimited amount of regular attack cards at a time.

Assault: The assault attack card type is used for quick and easy attacks. Assault attack cards often has turn limits so they are only for a limited use. When an assault attack card is base set from the hand it is set in the ready position. There can only be 1 assault attack card on the field at a time but the one currently on the field can be replaced; however, not in the same turn it was set.

Upgrade Cards:

Info: Upgrade cards are cards that are used to enhance your plays. Upgrade cards are recommended to give a deck extra consistency and power.

Secret Cards:

Info: Secret cards are cards made to disrupt your opponent’s plays. Secret cards give a deck an extra form of protection and develop your strategies for your most desired play.

Rarities: The manual download (complete set) comes with card rarities and packs detention if you are into pack openings. All Rarities are defined by the color of the gem on the bottom of card

• [None] Common: The common version is nothing special and has no unique features of the card
    • [Orange Gem] Rare: The rare version of a card has a sliver gradient name and that’s it
    • [Light Blue Gem] Holo Rare: The holo version of a card has a holographic artwork only. Mecha cards are not in this rarity
    • [Green Gem]  Grand Rare: The grand version of a card has a holographic artwork, a sliver gradient name, and the background is holo.
    • [Red Gem] Epic Rare: The epic version of a card has a holographic artwork, gold gradient name, the background is holo, and has a diagonal texture on the card
    • [Purple Gem] Mystic Rare: The mystic version of a card has a heavy texturized artwork, holo gradient name, the background is fully holo (on non mecha cards), and diagonal texture on the card.
    • [White Gem] Phantom Rare: The phantom version of a card has a phantom stylized artwork, sliver gradient name, and Full card is diagonal textured. This rarity is only for mecha cards.
    • [Black Gem] Dark Phantom Rare: The dark phantom version of has a dark phantom stylized artwork, sliver gradient name, and full card is diagonal textured. This rarity is only for mecha cards.

Picture of all mecha rarities:

Picture of rarities of a weapon card (best visual for other types):

If you are interested in playing the game or provide feedback for the game please contact me from the information below.

Email: Osorio.theg@gmail.com
    Discord: #5908 [xdarkgeox]   
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:59:57 PM by xdarkgeox »

xdarkgeox

• View Profile
Files has been changed from the orginal post

Rule Book: Rule changes have been added to the rule book for this game.

- Deck Requirement has been changed in the about section of the rule book. This rule has always been part of the game but i forgot to mention of the rule book: Only 2 copies of a unique card can be in a single deck except the mecha card.   

- Returning Weapons rules has been changed in the weapon card ruling section of the rule book. The most major changed is: Weapon cards that have the same name to a weapon card that has been returned from your mecha zone to your hand either manually or by a card effect in a single turn, cannot be manually attached to parts on your mecha zone (can only be attached by a card effect) for the remainder of the turn. Previously you were allowed to attach manually a weapon card with the same name of a returned weapon if you showed you had two copies of that card in your hand but now you are not allowed to attach that second copy manually for that turn. 

- Ruling Calcification has been added about the starting weapon in the weapon card ruling section. It states: The starting weapon is a regular type weapon card attached immediately on your mecha zone at the beginning of the game. If you have another copy of your starting weapon, that second copy is considered to be your starting weapon also even though it wasn’t attached at the beginning of the game.

The newest rule book is available at http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3f8f222ynjan20/Mecha+Warriors+2.0.1+Rule+Book.pdf

Desktop Background: The original post had the wrong link to desktop background and i only put the true link up a week ago, the true link is available at https://imgur.com/QR5q1Xk

Game Update: So far i have received noone willing to test out this game so i will hault any future updates for this game until i receive any sort of feedback from playtesting.   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:18:18 PM by xdarkgeox »

xdarkgeox

• View Profile
Re: Mecha Warriors Orginal Card Game Autoupdate Files Now Available
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:17:08 PM »
I finally got autoupdate to work, i used github since dropbox didnt work for me. All manual download links are taken down since the autoupdate files are now available

Complete (Includes All Rarities and pack definitions): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/Complete/updatelist.txt

Core (All Cards are Common No Packs): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/updatelist.txt

Tag: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/Tag/updatelist.txt

FFA:  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/Ffa/updatelist.txt

I made major changes to the game files and card texts which is already implemented in the auto update files. These changes include

- All text boxes has been formatted correctly (no need to rely on image to read effect, you can use text over image option)
- All card file names have been changed to thier Ids
- All WONE cards IDs have been changed inherently

Also the following cards has their effects corrected or changed from the prior update
- FZ Needle Mallicious Strike
- FZ Needle Stud Attack
- FZ Blades Quick Attack
- FZ Blades Generator Attack
- FZ Blades Perpetrator Attack
- NT Mutispreader Cannon Advantager Attack
- NT Power Bomb
- Ruliex Scrapper

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:19:59 PM by xdarkgeox »

MasterJediAdam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »
Very neat!

xdarkgeox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »
One minor change, reinstall the update file have the most up to date version of the game.   

- NT-Zeno Hypercharged Thrusters has its effect updated

Im still looking for playtesters for this game or any type of feedback for this game, please pm me if you are instead of playing the game. 

xdarkgeox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 07:20:51 PM »
This is going to be the final update for a long while.

The autoupdate files have been updated (Update date 12-15-17), reinstall the autoupdate file to have the most up to date version of the game. The following changes have been implemented in the plugin.

- Usage Restrictions section have been renamed to Parameters (the proper name in the rule-book)
- Complete Version now has phantom versions of some cards, the phantom version was not properly named before so it didn't appear in the program.
- NT Bazooka Uti Burst Attack has its effect changed
- NT Bazooka Berserk Shot has its effect changed

The rule-book of the game has been updated. The newest rule-book is available at http://www.mediafire.com/file/owkhv4ovkyrkdxj/Mecha+Warriors+2.0.2+Rule+Book.pdf.

The following changes have been made to the rule-book.

- Calcification about weapon HP is added in the weapon card section. 
- Calcification added about all effect categories activation in which where category activates in, Most are self explanatory but it is most noted that destroyed, self-destruction, and terminate effects activate in the junkyard.
- Ruling added for Tag and FFA versions, A player who has not have a turn yet cannot have thier mecha HP below 20.
- Ruling added for Tag version only, The "Power Up" card is added only to 3rd and 4th players' hand at the beginning of a game.
- Ruling added for FFA version only, No player has a "Power Up" card.

EDIT: i made small changes to the rule-book about weapon HP, rulings still stand but it is corrected. rulebook is still posted at the same link. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:28:42 AM by xdarkgeox »

StarcatProducts

• Creator of the Universal Card Game
    • View Profile
    • Univeral Card Game Home Page
Re: Mecha Warriors Orginal Card Game (Players and Feedback Needed)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 07:24:03 PM »
Hello! I would like to take the time to read this, it is a lot to go over.
You should setup a website to show off your work and progress! :3

Most importantly, sign up for a government copyright for your rulebook. It protects your work as you show it to new players.

One word of warning, avoid tapping as it is a patented mechanic owned by Wizards/Hasbro.
Also, to print stuff in foil is crazy expensive, we looked this over and wow. x.x

If you are crowdfunding, I would do special prints of the cards as you are showing though. ;D

xdarkgeox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 08:53:59 PM »
Hello! I would like to take the time to read this, it is a lot to go over.
You should setup a website to show off your work and progress! :3

Most importantly, sign up for a government copyright for your rulebook. It protects your work as you show it to new players.

One word of warning, avoid tapping as it is a patented mechanic owned by Wizards/Hasbro.
Also, to print stuff in foil is crazy expensive, we looked this over and wow. x.x

If you are crowdfunding, I would do special prints of the cards as you are showing though. ;D

Thanks for the reply i would take your suggestions into consideration. I dont know a thing about bulding a website but not a bad idea to try. The game is still a concept and all artworks seen are placeholders but if you know where to get special prints of custon cards do tell, i think it would be cool to have some of theese cards irl. If you like i can go over the game with you, the rulebook list all types of scenarios but the game is simple i hope...

StarcatProducts

• Creator of the Universal Card Game
    • View Profile
    • Univeral Card Game Home Page
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 09:11:22 PM »
Sure! I will give the game a look over and post any questions I have.
Websites are not so bad to make anymore, try wordpress or joomla.

PM me, I can provide links to the printer and other resources to help ya out. :3

xdarkgeox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 06:21:48 AM »
The autoupdate files have been updated (Update date 1-12-18), reinstall the autoupdate file to have the most up to date version of the game.

The following changes have been implemented in the plugin.
- Some scripts has been added to all weapon cards to initialize weapon HP and spawn tokens.
- Selecting a phase will now play quick custom audio sound
- Token Section in deck building has been removed
- ID Column has been shifted
- New incarnation of provided decks has been added, all previous decks wont work in this version
- Starting PP has been added to player stats

Also the following cards have changed
- Ruliex Burning Strike effect has been modified (now it can deal attack damage for every "Ruliex" assault attack card in your junkyard)
- Ruliex Extract Attack has been modified (pp cost is now 3, effect has been changed, and damage output changed)
- Ruliex Vantage Strike has been modified (pp cost is now 4, effect has been changed, and damage output changed)
- Ruliex Ultimate Strike has been nerfed (attack cards are the only cards you allowed to discard to use its effect) 
- NT Damage Reflection effect has been corrected (added an and/or clause)
- Stun Reflect has been buffed (effect now last until the end phase of your next turn)
- Setback has been corrected in the carddata file 

Special Thanks to StarcatProducts for helping me implement the scripts and allowing anyone to use scripts from their UCG plugin.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:59:43 PM by xdarkgeox »