News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Abandonment of Magic Plugin

Started by AuraDragon, November 01, 2017, 09:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuraDragon

I have decided I will no longer maintain the Magic plugin for Lackey.

If anyone wishes to take over the plugin I recommend getting in contact with the plugins host CrazyChucky.

As for everyone else, there is always Cockatrice, XMage, MTGO, and Magic Arena coming in the future.

DarthSydius

CrazyChucky

No one's piped up yet. I'd like to say I'll figure out maintaining it myself, but I make no promises about how soon I'll be able to get to that.

dragostea

I would be happy to, but I do not know how. With some instruction, I would be willing to give it a shot

guari

hi,i'd like to know where i should upload card links and where to i should upload all the plugin infos.
Thx in advance,hope that this doesn't bother you :)
Happy Holidays!

StarcatProducts

Sadness :(
This could be something that is maintained, how far behind is the plugin?

Johnny Blaze

its up to ixalan needs unstable and soon rivals of ixalan

StarcatProducts

I am fairly experienced with the scripting in Lackey and used a lot of similar functions from the Magic plugin in my game's plugin. If there is a good host to host the images, scripting and adding the new cards should not be too bad. I am down to help if we have resources at hand to host and test.

Alastair

Unfortunately the magic plugin is just too big to host on Lackey's web space. As it stands it's a fairly regular battle for me to keep enough space free for the forums to continue to function properly. I believe that is probably the biggest hurdle to someone taking over the plugin is having a reliable host with sufficient space and bandwidth.

StarcatProducts

I use external hosting for my file downloads. It could be done, just would need the plugin creators to chime in. :)

Johnny Blaze

hate to see the plugin languish . im paying for mtgo. and half the time i cant play on it because the program has memory leaks due to bad code writing on wotcs part. i came back to lackey .

EmJayBee83

Quote from: Alastair on January 02, 2018, 08:55:41 PM
Unfortunately the magic plugin is just too big to host on Lackey's web space. As it stands it's a fairly regular battle for me to keep enough space free for the forums to continue to function properly. I believe that is probably the biggest hurdle to someone taking over the plugin is having a reliable host with sufficient space and bandwidth.
Not sure how much space you need, but if you can keep things under 1GB or so, you can get a free starter account with unlimited bandwidth on Radhat's Open Shift platform.  That is where I am hosting the Redemption CCG plugin.

Alastair

Quote from: EmJayBee83 on January 19, 2018, 10:15:29 PM
Not sure how much space you need, but if you can keep things under 1GB or so, you can get a free starter account with unlimited bandwidth on Radhat's Open Shift platform.  That is where I am hosting the Redemption CCG plugin.

The MTG plugin is over 2gig at present and will only continue to get bigger.

StarcatProducts

I have an amazon aws storage account, we can easily put the images on that.
Are there people available to update the plugin?

StarcatProducts

Another developer and myself are willing to take on this project.
Is it possible to get the existing files for the plugin?

Thanks!