News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Abandonment of Magic Plugin

Started by AuraDragon, November 01, 2017, 09:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuraDragon

Quote from: Alastair on January 20, 2018, 02:19:53 PM
The MTG plugin is over 2gig at present and will only continue to get bigger.

Most of the card images are downloaded from magiccards.info, so the actual core of the plugin is very small - a few megabytes.  However, card images from the latest sets are first procured from Scryfall, since they are working directly with the card scanners and can deliver the cards much more quickly than magiccards.info.  After which I run a photoshop script on the card images to resize them and touch them up and finally upload them to NormalityComics (hosted by CrazyChucky), which is where the plugin resides.

xdarkgeox

will the current files you have keep stored or are you planning to get rid of them in a future date?

AuraDragon

The only files I have relating to the Magic plugin nowadays are some C# programs I made to automate the process of converting a Gatherer Extractor dump to usable card data.

I could upload that if anyone wants but it requires updating for the new sets, Visual Studio 2015 to compile, and .NET 4.5 to run.

As for everything that's on NormalityComics (i.e. the actual plugin), that's CrazyChucky's server, so you should ask him about it.

MasterJediAdam

Quote from: StarcatProducts on January 20, 2018, 06:26:38 PM
Another developer and myself are willing to take on this project.
Is it possible to get the existing files for the plugin?

Thanks!
All you have to do is update your plugin to get the files. Now, if you don't have them already, that is a different story ...

StarcatProducts

Co_Key

So wait is anyone gonna pick up maintaining it? I just wanna know if we're gonna get an update. No rush because from what I read whoever picks it up is gonna have their plate full but I just wanna know.

StarcatProducts

It is in progress yes, I can verify with the developer this weekend. :)

DarthSydius

Good afternoon, is there any update? No one feels pressured, it's just a question. Thanks in advance for the help.  :D

xdarkgeox

Quote from: DarthSydius on February 05, 2018, 04:01:29 PM
Good afternoon, is there any update? No one feels pressured, it's just a question. Thanks in advance for the help.  :D

yes me and another developer are working on a new version of a magic plugin with the latest sets. we finished updating the card files to the latest files now its a matter of updating a lot of links  :)

xdarkgeox

unfortunately me and star which has been working on a version with newer set have came to an issue of getting the images to download properly by using cardurlfiles. If anyone has an idea to get the images to download from url files please respond. This is literally the last thing we need to figure out to pump out updates when sets are relased.   

http://lackeymtg2018.s3.amazonaws.com/updatelist.txt 

CrazyChucky

Hey... sorry I've been gone for a while. I finally got around to figuring most of this stuff out, and Rivals of Ixalan is now uploaded. It doesn't have any scripts yet besides transforming double-faced cards, so things don't know to come in tapped, for instance, but the text and images are all there (except for tokens). Next up is Unstable, then filling in the scripts and tokens.

I think I may know what the issue is with downloading images, by the way. Lackey's built-in script that generates a new updatelist with correct checksums replaces "CardURLFiles:" with "CardImageURLs:" which messes it all up. Strangely, though, it doesn't seem like Lackey actually DOES any checksum-generating, so I don't know if that script even serves any purpose.

I just updated the plugin several times today, as I figured out issues, and Lackey's autoupdate feature only checks against date, so if anyone autoupdated today, you may have to manually tell it to upload now, to have everything correct.

StarcatProducts

Awesome. I removed the files from my web storage since you guys seem to have it under control.
Look forward to it being back online.  8)