News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Die types and player stats

Started by cengler, April 15, 2018, 10:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cengler

I just discovered Lackey and think it's tremendous. I'm fiddling around trying to make a plugin for a card game I like. In the game, each player has six stats and each stat has a value between 5 and 10 (i.e. each player has a 5 in one stat, a 6 in one stat, a 7 in one stat, an 8 in one stat, a 9 in one stat, and a 10 in one stat). During the game players roll off each turn with a d6 which has the names of all six stats on the sides. The stat each player rolls is compared to a number and the player with the higher number wins. So, for example, if I rolled the "Power" stat and I have a 7 in Power and you rolled the "Agility" stat and you have a 9 in Agility you would win the roll.

I've created player stats in my file. It's easy enough to set the stats but it would be cool if it could reference a card and automatically populate that cards stats into the player stat values. Is that feasible?

I see there's a ROLLD6 function. Is there a way to re-assign the values of the rolls? Ideally, I'd like to have each player click a button that randomly picks one of their stats and it determines who has the higher value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!