News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help with AutoUpdate

Started by unkarsthug, March 13, 2018, 08:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unkarsthug

I?m working on making a plugin.
I?ve got it working, but when I went to make an auto update file, I keep getting this error when I attempt to test it: Error: updatelist.txt doesn?t define a URL for Core/Core(1).jpg(name of card)

The auto update line that corresponds is
CardImageURLs:
Core\Core(1).jpg              https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgzxyevrbxv667n/Core_%281%29.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

xdarkgeox

Mind posting the link to the autoupdate file that you got, what it seems like is that you trying to implement what is suppose to be a file url into the autoupdate.

xdarkgeox

yup it see seems like you are listing CardImageUrls as CardURLFiles, you should have a separate file named CardImageURLs1.txt and list in it what have what you have on the update list then in the the update list you should list it like this.

CardURLFiles:
CardImageURLs1.txt

You are also missing some key components in your update file such as a cardback, a spawned image, and the data file.

If this doesn't work try using a generalurl which has all your pics in a folder link in the update file or just hard code the image in the update file with its checksum.   

CardGeneralURLs:
(folder link)

unkarsthug

I modified it as you suggested, and now it said that it is not a valid list.

(I'm aware I'm missing some things, but I can work on cosmetics when it works.)

Sorry for the trouble.

xdarkgeox

No worries man, if you know how feustrating autoupdate can be sometimes. For me dropbox, dosent work so i would recommend to use another platform for hosting. If you like to know how an autoupdate looks like use my mecha warriors plugin as an example of the things you need https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdarkgeox/Mecha_Warriors/master/updatelist.txt

unkarsthug

I hate to ask a question that may seem obvious, but how do you upload images to GitHub? Do you just make a repository?

unkarsthug

Or, actually, could you do this with a WordPress site?

xdarkgeox

yeah just make a repository and drag and drop your images or folder to the site. Wordpress i believe is not supported since you need raw links for the images. Another alternative i know of is amazon storage but it can be a hassle to set up.

unkarsthug