News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic Plugin: Dominaria

Started by CrazyChucky, April 14, 2018, 03:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChucky

Dominaria isn't up on Gatherer yet, but I made a new script to pull from Scryfall, since they already have the full card text. There will probably be higher-res images later, but for now I'm pulling from the ones that are there. I've not yet uploaded any tokens.

I've not updated the Standard and Modern formats yet, since rotation is still a few weeks out.

I also added the Hasbro promo cards.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Thank you very much for the Dominaria plugin!!

I would like to ask whether is possible to update also the card pool part. Playing Sealed and drafts is, in my opinion, the most entertaining application of mtg. Unfortunately, the latest set we can draft with in lackey is Ixalan.

Would be great to play dominaria in sealed, expecially looking forward to pre-release events.

I hope I'm not asking too much.

Thank you for the amazing work you're doing for keeping the mtg lackey comunity going!!

CrazyChucky

Interesting, I've only ever used sealed generators online and then pasted those into Lackey. I've never myself used the built-in function, but if it's something people use, I should be able to figure it out.

One thing to note is that Maro said they're using a new collation technique to ensure every pack gets at least one legendary creature, either at uncommon or rare/mythic. I'm not sure if I have a way to accurately replicate that, so sealed/draft may not accurately reflect actual play with Dominaria.

Nicholas D. Wolfwood

That's great.

I think playing sealed there is a great way to discover new stuffs, and to practice looking forward to pre-releases events.

Me and some friends of mine playing there would be super thankful for that.

Cheers, and angain thank you for your work in Lackey!

CrazyChucky

Ha, I just realized that the Scryfall images are larger, which makes all the new cards look huge on the table. One more thing to fix... : )

The MunchKING

I cannot see the pictures for any cards after Ixilan. When I tried to force the download for card images, it said "Unable to find CardImageURLs0.txt file from which to update images" and "Error downloading plugins/magic/sets/setimages/dom" for all of the Dominaria cards for example.

It did download and show all card images BEFORE Unstable from what I can tell.

CrazyChucky

That's strange. I'm not sure why it would be doing that.

Now that Dominaria's on Gatherer, I can update its image links, and while doing so I'll see if I can figure out that issue.

The MunchKING

Thank you, that would be nice.

vailreth

would it be possible to add Archenemy Nico bolas to the plugin?

CrazyChucky

Images for Dominaria should now be the correct size.

MunchKING, I'm still not sure what's causing the issue you described. Could you try deleting (or more likely, renaming) your Magic plugin folder, to see if a freshly installed copy behaves the same way?

Vailreth, I haven't been worrying about reprint-only sets so far, but I can add the schemes, sure.

CrazyChucky

Note: you'll have to delete any images you've already downloaded (located in [Lackey folder]/plugins/magic/sets/setimages/dom/) in order to download the new ones.

vailreth

Thanks for the consideration, the schemes would be fun to have on hand.

CrazyChucky

Dominaria now has the correct image size, tokens, and pretty much all basic scripts, including token-spawning. I also went back and added token-spawning scripts to Rivals and Unstable, AND I noticed that Fabricate spawn scripts in Kaladesh only made one servo each, regardless of the Fabricate number, so I edited those too.

Please let me know if you notice any errors or omissions. Next up for me is putting in Archenemy: Nicol Bolas, cleaning up double-faced cards so they work the same in all sets, and figuring out how to add pack definitions.

The MunchKING

Quote from: CrazyChucky on April 29, 2018, 02:11:00 PM
Images for Dominaria should now be the correct size.

Whatever you did fixed Dominaria for me. Thanks.

Rivals and Unstable card images still aren't showing up though.

MunchKING, I'm still not sure what's causing the issue you described. Could you try deleting (or more likely, renaming) your Magic plugin folder, to see if a freshly installed copy behaves the same way?

I downloaded the updates. Do you think erasing it and downloading it fresh will help?

CrazyChucky

I'm not sure, but it would eliminate the possibility that your installation is somehow corrupted, a file is misnamed, etc. You wouldn't necessarily have to delete it, just rename the "magic" folder to "magic-backup" or something, so you can restore it and not lose any saved games or decks.

If you go to https://magiccards.info/, does it display correctly for you? Can you view Rivals and Unstable cards there? That's where the plugin pulls its images from. Dominaria is different (for now); Magiccards.info hasn't updated it yet, so I saved the images from Scryfall, resized and cropped them, and am hosting them on my server.

One more thing to try would be to load cards that are from previous sets, but that you know you haven't previously downloaded. You could even go to your images folder and delete, say, the 8th Edition folder, then try loading 8th Edition cards to see if it correctly auto-downloads those from Maggiccards.info.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm sending you on a wild goose chase, I'm just really not sure what's causing it, and more data points could help me track down the problem.