Card game based on the YouTube show WTFIWWY

Started by HighScore, June 15, 2018, 01:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighScore

I have an idea for a card game...  I guess it would be similar to the Urban Dictionary game (though I've never played the Urban Dictionary game, so I don't know for sure) based on the YouTube series WTFIWWY (What The F*** Is Wrong With You). This will really only make sense and be a game for players who are fans of this YouTube show.

The majority of the cards will have the headline and a bit of text from the corresponding news story. 1 player will read the headline and news bit, and another player will have to guess if it was a story actually featured on WTFIWWY, or if it is a BS story (headlines and stories will also be gotten from satirical news sites like The Onion).

There will also be cards that say certain "rules" that Nash and Tara (the hosts of WTFIWWY) have come up with such as "A gun is not a remote control for life", "Nobody wants to see your d***", "The old drugs still work" and several others. If any player holds one of these cards, regardless of whose turn it is, they can throw it down before a headline/story has been read and if that "rule" applies to the news/story card that is then read, they get a reward and if it doesn't, they get a penalty.

Of course... since the answer is on each card... the only way to play this with Lackey would be for all the players to be on Skype to be able to read the card text... or to type the card text in the chat field... but obviously Skype would be easiest.

Any input?
Cardback

Card image. Work in progress: