News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

trouble downloading MTG images

Started by netfirecat, April 20, 2010, 12:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netfirecat

I've been trying to download the missing images for MTG and it got this far and started giving me trouble. i don't know if it will go past, i usually catch it at this and i've tried restarting numerous times. Any help?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Phoenix~Lament

Check if your Internet Explorer works. If it doesn't, fix it.

mathman1550

There are always a few images where the links are broken or the site is down, etc. (especially in a massive plugin like Magic). The trouble with the "download all missing images button" is that it was designed for easily managable, small sets of cards and can not handle the massive task thrown at it by the Magic plugin.
You don't even need the button. As you use cards, they are automatically downloaded.If you are really psyched up about downloading a certain set, you can go to the Deck Editor, turn on the set filter for your set, click the first card and then hold the down button until you reach the last card. This will tell Lackey to DL all the cards in that set.

TheBuck

I've been having the same issue with EVERY plug in and image and I am doing the roll over dl for the images. So something is deff up.

Trevor

Quote from: TheBuck on April 24, 2010, 06:50:30 AM
I've been having the same issue with EVERY plug in and image and I am doing the roll over dl for the images. So something is deff up.
What version of the plugin are you using and exactly what is the first card image you are getting an error with?

TheBuck

Build 10-14-09
1st image is Aboshan's Desire from set Odyssey.
I have tried cards for the newer sets as well and I can't donwload those as well nor can I dl any other plug in. It times out with in 3secs.

Trevor

Quote from: TheBuck on April 26, 2010, 09:14:42 AM
Build 10-14-09
1st image is Aboshan's Desire from set Odyssey.
I have tried cards for the newer sets as well and I can't donwload those as well nor can I dl any other plug in. It times out with in 3secs.
Both medium and high seem to work so it isn't a bug. Check to see if there is any file for that card image in your plugins/magic/sets/setimages/odyssey/ folder. Maybe you have a file that is somehow corrupted. Try deleting your whole plugins/magic/sets/setimages/odyssey/ folder, and run autoupdate. Then relaunch and in the deck editor, see if Aboshan's Desire will load then.

Are you using medium or high?

picks-at-flies

I would just edit that suggestion:  you can just move decklists or any other plugin files which you might want to return to later.  However, I'm not confident the suggestion will work, since I know a lot of what TheBuck has tried previously.

Trevor:  for plugins hosted on the Lackey website, have you a means to see if particular IP addresses tried to access files?

TheBuck

Large images.

Aboshans Desire is not in there. In fact I only have four cards in there from a while ago.

Auto Updater is still not working. For any plugin regardless if I have it or not.

Trevor

Quote from: TheBuck on April 27, 2010, 12:22:47 AM
Large images.

Aboshans Desire is not in there. In fact I only have four cards in there from a while ago.

Auto Updater is still not working. For any plugin regardless if I have it or not.
Do you see this image?
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/od/59.jpg

Look in your CardImageURLs3.txt file. Does it include the following line?
odyssey/59.jpg   http://magiccards.info/scans/en/od/59.jpg

Look in your odyssey-tm-ju.txt file. Does it include a line beginning with the following?
Aboshan's Desire   odyssey   59

If it has all those things, then everything should work.