News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

feature request - configurable ip for server

Started by Ripplez, April 05, 2010, 04:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ripplez

sometimes when the server is down and i want to play, id like to be able to host a game myself. but when i select my ip to change in start server menu, it wont change. its stuck there as is with the value its found

the thing is that i want to use hamachi to host the server and have someone connect. but i cant because i cant change the ip to hamachis one

please dont post about port forwarding. i already know about it, its not the point of this situation or request. since i already have hamachi i might as well use it

Tokimo

The server isn't actually setting your IP, it's just telling you what your external IP is. If I'm hosting a server and it tells my my public IP is 70.80.90.12 someone on my LAN can still connect at 192.168.0.7 or whatever my LAN IP is.

Trevor

If you are going to host a game, and you don't need to use proxy server, you don't need to connect to a server at all. Just host a regular game and have people connect to your IP. The server only helps with that, but you can completely bypass the server if you want.