News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Feature Request

Started by chriscone, November 12, 2009, 10:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriscone

I just thought it would be nice if in the plugin list it included something that said the last update.

Alastair

It's already there... although to be fair upon looking at the pluginfinder.txt itself, there is a field in it for the last update of each plugin and the tracker itself. However virtually all of them are inaccurate at best as they must be manually updated with the tracker (which could become a huge hassle to maintain the Plugin Finder).

So perhaps the request should be for the automated tracking of the last time a plugin was updated.

Or were you talking about the plugin list here on the forum?

Tokimo

Speaking of plugin lists... The plugin list is based off of the file name, instead of the card game name. This is a really confusing choice (shadowrun is under run for example)

chriscone

I guess I should just state outright. A lot of the plugins I have may be out of date and only way I know to find out if they are outdated is to load them and try to update or to find a thread in the forum that says there is a new update. It's not an important issue..just would be nice to easily know your out of date. 8)

Quote from: Alastair on November 12, 2009, 11:12:17 PM
It's already there... although to be fair upon looking at the pluginfinder.txt itself, there is a field in it for the last update of each plugin and the tracker itself. However virtually all of them are inaccurate at best as they must be manually updated with the tracker (which could become a huge hassle to maintain the Plugin Finder).

So perhaps the request should be for the automated tracking of the last time a plugin was updated.

Or were you talking about the plugin list here on the forum?

Skye

Perhaps using the index page for each plugin.

I had personally planned on updating the Yugioh and Pokemon ones with information each time I updated it.

They can be found here, currently:
http://www.lackeyccg.com/pokemon/
http://www.lackeyccg.com/yugioh/

That loads an HTML style page. The person updating a plugin could easily add in when it was last updated, how many total cards are present, what updates are made.

What we need is a sticky list of all these pages, in a single post. ((Let people post elsewhere for adding to it.))

But the list could be links to these pages. So you go there, find the plugin you want, visit it's page, and see it's current stats.

It would be very helpful to have, since I don't think these pages are linked anywhere at the moment.

Alastair

That'd still require the user to check each and every plugin they wish to know the status of. Personally I'd rather have a system where you go to a single page (or menu/tab in Lackey) and have it tell you the last update time of each of the plugins.

Skye

Maybe an extra field when you select a plugin in the Update area.

One that loads off a file the plugin updater creates and adds to the updatelist.txt, or a setup in that file itself.

So when you go to that plugin, it gives you information.

It's like what you get in the main pluginfinder.txt file, however it's updated by the creator/maintainer of the plugin. So it's much easier to get updated on a regular basis.

Alastair

What I'am picturing is something along these lines:
1: User launches Lackey
2: Lackey checks if there is a new version of Lackey (which I believe it does, though I could be wrong)
3: Lackey can query the plugins that the user has, to see if any of them have been updated and if so, offer the choice to update.

Or alternatively there could be a 'query plugins' button added, that would do much like step 3.