News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Moving cards from hand are shown to opponent

Started by Mandurang, April 23, 2010, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandurang

Hello,

I'd like to report a bug that I've found, unless there's an option that I can use to disable it (which I doubt, having gone through the preferences). This happens with the use of the Magic plugin.

Every time I have a card in my hand and I move it to my library, even though both areas are hidden from my opponent, my card appears to him in the log (i.e. "Mandurang moves Black Lotus from his hand to the top of his library"). The same does not happen when he does it (i.e. "Friend moves a card from his hand..."). I am always the host of our games, but I've found no way to disable this, which shouldn't happen - your cards shouldn't be visible to other players when you move them from your hand to your library or vice-versa.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I love Lackey very much - I'd even pay for it - but this little bug is really frustrating, he currently has to cover the screen with his hand and then clear the log before we can resume playing. Is there anything that can be done to correct it?

Trevor

The only time the card name should appear in the log is when either the destination or source is visible to everyone.

Exactly, by what method are you moving the card? Be extremely specific. There are about 10 different ways to move cards. See if moving the card a different way produces the same result.

Can I see a screenshot of the card being named in his log?

Mandurang

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did some testing, and we found the following:

1. If I drag a card anywhere in the library (top, bottom, or anywhere in between), the card doesn't appear to him. It just reads "Mandurang moves a card from his hand to the top (bottom/position x) of his library".

2. If I use right click -> Send to TOP of -> Library on a card which is in my hand, he can see the card appear in the following log entry: "Mandurang moves <CARD> from the table to the top of his library". Same if I use Send to BOTTOM of. If I do either of the two, the log to me appears as "Mandurang moves a card from his hand to the top(bottom) of his library", i.e. the move appears correctly.

3. Perhaps I should note that the function "move to TOP/BOTTOM of" doesn't work for me when the card is on the table and the destination is anywhere. No text appears in the log, and nothing happens. To move any card from the table area to anywhere, I have to manually drag and drop it. This function works if the card is anywhere else as desired, with the added side-effect that the move appears to the opponent, as described above, when the card is moved from the hand area.

Attached are two screenshots of our logs during the same set of actions, my own and his, marked as "Hand" for mine and "opponent" for his.

Cheers,
Mandurang

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mandurang

I should add that if you look at the screenshots, there is a last action that appears in his log but not in mine, namely "moves Verdant Catacombs from the table to the bottom of his Hand."
This move does NOT appear in my log because I used right click -> Send to BOTTOM of -> Hand to a card which was already in my hand, therefore as far as I was concerned nothing happened (and nothing was recorded on my log), but in my opponent's log the move was recorded incorrectly (and the card shown as well).

Trevor

Tested and confirmed. This is a bug in the right click Send To button function for cards in your hand. Don't use that method until I fix it.

whizzerd

Quote from: Mandurang on April 27, 2010, 09:01:43 PM

3. Perhaps I should note that the function "move to TOP/BOTTOM of" doesn't work for me when the card is on the table and the destination is anywhere. No text appears in the log, and nothing happens. To move any card from the table area to anywhere, I have to manually drag and drop it. This function works if the card is anywhere else as desired, with the added side-effect that the move appears to the opponent, as described above, when the card is moved from the hand area.

i used to think i had this problem but it was simply that the card was not selected when i tried to preform the action, just make sure the card is highlighted be4 right clicking and sending to top/bottom when the card is in play and it should work