News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

CCG card style helper suggestions

Started by netfirecat, May 11, 2010, 07:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netfirecat

I suggest Magic set editor. Both the small and full version are free. The full version comes with numerous languages, a good handful of card styles from MTG and Vs(No idea what that game is), and Yu gi oh, all optional. If you want more, there in a huge list of additional styles. If anyone else uses a different program, feel free to post it, too.

greasontim

Im useing MSE as well just cant get my template to work

netfirecat

Tokimo

I suggest using an image editing program like GIMP. MSE creates cards that look like trash because it rakes them through a low quality JPG compression in the middle. I only use MSE for alpha testing personally. Even as soon as I switch to beta I'll be doing it by hand (slower, but it will look nice).

Dragoon

Quote from: Tokimo on May 12, 2010, 07:50:51 AM
I suggest using an image editing program like GIMP. MSE creates cards that look like trash because it rakes them through a low quality JPG compression in the middle. I only use MSE for alpha testing personally. Even as soon as I switch to beta I'll be doing it by hand (slower, but it will look nice).

I disagree with this. My cards usually came out nice after using MSE2.

netfirecat

It all depends on your willingness to do one of 2: adapt to MSE2 or adapt MSE2 to you. If you are trying one method and don't like the results, do the other.

greasontim

I used Gimp to make the layout of my card than made a template with MSE2 to setup the card I'll post the crappyness of my card in a sec.

Just been looking around the internet for pics till i can find someone to do the card art

Tokimo

Quote from: Garfield on May 13, 2010, 03:12:35 AM
It all depends on your willingness to do one of 2: adapt to MSE2 or adapt MSE2 to you. If you are trying one method and don't like the results, do the other.

My current model has been to tolerate MSE2's image quality destruction until I need to launch beta and at that point write my own Mahoujo specific editor or do it in GIMP (unless they add the option to keep the image quality high in the mean time which I'm not crossing my fingers for given the attitude presented when I mentioned it)

netfirecat

For an online game, the art is great, but the only thing required is the text. One option is to just use the art for the card's pic and have the text box check for the effect. Makes it more difficult, but when i used MWS, i used cropped images, it only showed the art.