News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Yet another SciFi CCG idea

Started by Malagar, November 17, 2009, 02:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xchokeholdx

Quote from: Malagar on November 30, 2009, 01:43:20 PM
Soon my friends, soon! Give an old man a bit more time :-)

I realize the card release frenzy of hawkeye and xchokeholdx on cardgameforge.com - sooner or later, i join the party - promised!

shakes hands.. Old man here as well. you just got to PRIORITISE!

step 1: come home. kiss wife, kiss kid.
step 2: wash the dishes in 10 seconds flat.
step 3: bring kid to bed, pray he falls asleep immidiately. if not, squeeze him!
step 4: massage feet of wife, put on a Friends dvd for her.
step 5: slip away when she falls asleep on the sofa
Presto!: 25 minutes free to work on your game!

and I spend also a great deal while at work working on card wording, finding new stuff and refining the rules.

Tokimo

I think I've been averaging an hour or two a night working on Mahoujo in one way or another.

Hawkeye

I average about 5-6 hours a week on mine. Work 2 full time jobs, 7 kids and a wife to take care of too! My ideal job is working on games and getting paid to play them...oh, well that's life. Keep up the good work and you'll get there! I have created 1436 cards with me working on 12th set. And been at this 7 years now....

Tokimo

Quote from: Hawkeye on December 01, 2009, 09:56:39 AM
I average about 5-6 hours a week on mine. Work 2 full time jobs, 7 kids and a wife to take care of too! My ideal job is working on games and getting paid to play them...oh, well that's life. Keep up the good work and you'll get there! I have created 1436 cards with me working on 12th set. And been at this 7 years now....

Hot damn, 7 years and 1.5K thousand cards? Have you tried to get your game published?

Cyrus

Quote from: Hawkeye on December 01, 2009, 09:56:39 AM

what the hell game do you make? pokemon?

Malagar

Don't want to be nitpicking - but can we keep this thread on topic please?

Cyrus

Quote from: Malagar on December 01, 2009, 02:24:27 PM
Don't want to be nitpicking - but can we keep this thread on topic please?

my bad, based on the 4-5 replies before mine I had sort of forgotten what we were talking about... and then that one dude busted in talking about his insane amount of ccg work and children... I got distracted :D

anyways, I'm glad you're still working on this as much as you can, I don't know what my free time will look like when you get around to releasing a playtestable plugin, but if I can make time to help you playtest it I will.

Malagar

@Cyrus

Haha, no problem - i should have added <sinister voice> tags to my previous post. But well, this is about CCGs isnt it?

Talking about testing, rules and cards I just have to put you off until next year.

BUT, talking about spare time to spend on game development and xchokeholdx's comment - i have a suggestion:

try to increase the overall time challenge level with a second child...

Malagar

I guess the cat is out of the bag!

Sorry for all the confusion and changing my mind all the time. All I can say is that it grows, i spend each evening and lunchtime as many minutes as possible to get this behemoth going.

Eherm...its changed its face a little bit compared to the original concept, but who cares? its "hella lotta flak turrent ion plasma beam torpedo battery battling fun"!

Tokimo

Interesting. Not familiar with Homeworld. ???

malarious

Quote from: Tokimo on December 02, 2009, 04:31:32 PM
Interesting. Not familiar with Homeworld. ???

Thats the name of the game he is working on.

Or did I miss what you meant?

xchokeholdx

I think he means he is not familiar with the Homeworld computer, which I suspect this game is build upon...

Tokimo

Quote from: xchokeholdx on December 03, 2009, 07:36:35 AM
I think he means he is not familiar with the Homeworld computer, which I suspect this game is build upon...

Homeworld is an RTS made by Relic. As I've never played Homeworld I find my interest in the card game to have diminished (actually, for that matter I have never gotten myself excited about a licensed CCG besides Sailor Moon).

Edit: I lie, I get excited about super heros and Pokemon.

Malagar

Yes, the game is actually based on the Homeworld Computer Games Series

(that is Homeworld, Cataclysm and Homeworld 2 + some fan based expansions wich enrich the background world).

The game plays a bit after homeworld 2 - where it seems that the vaygr threat is defeated.

sorry for the people who waited for the corponation game, i just had to put this one on the backburner - my friends over here are very interested in the homeworld game. the game system is basically excactly the same - although the planet conquerin concept is now obsolete. they want strategic laser wargame - they get a strategic laser wargame

but hey, it will be cool.

base set about 100 cards, only 2 factions compromised of units (ships), subsystems (ship enhancements) and technologies.

later on ill introduce pilots, tactics, agendas and of course planets...

PS: xchokeholdx inspired me: he is able to pump out cards to fast using the star wars background world with everything provided: images, story - people. that is one of the main reasons why i switched to a already existing theme.

Malagar

I started to release the premier set and some rules of my game on www.cardgameforge.com

see them at

http://www.cardgameforge.com/games/homeworld_age_of_starsiege

consider this thread closed until further notice