News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

ehem dare i... star wars...

Started by Howl, June 09, 2010, 04:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Quote from: Howl on June 25, 2010, 03:09:14 PM
mhm yes indeed it is... thats why i provided another choice.. i juss provided it so u could get an idea.. i have like.. 200 cards made in the echo template ready for copy and paste into my template.. or a template that can be made to fit a good looking game..
and hah i know its not revan i couldnt find an image fast enuff... kind of an emberassment that i put that image instead... ... anyways im not gunna use the echo template i just used it to make the cards then copy the info on them to my template.

Howl

Well if any1 is still interested please Reply i feel it would be really cool to see this a game..

Cyrus

Any work still being done on this?
It is my experience that you just have to keep working on a game regardless of if anyone seems to be showing interest. The easiest way to get people's interest on here is card templates, not rules and such, so it's hard to keep up a pre-fan base while trying to actually create the game. So, just keep plugging away at it til you have a couple test decks to release upon the masses. I'd be down for a game once you get a plugin going :)
If you have rules or cards or anything to show please do, I'm very interested in where you are taking this. Not so into mixing light and dark (there should at least be severe penalties in many cards gametexts that discourage it... still, playing a mostly light side deck that can throw out vaders just seems wrong, but could be fun). Off the top of my head: You could have every card have a Force Alignment (some being neutral of course) and have a rule that makes any card with a Light or Dark Force Alignment cost +1 for each card of the opposite Alignment that you have in play. You could even go as complicated as making the rule that they cost +1 for each card of the opposite Alignment that you have in play above the number of cards you have in play with the same Alignment (so if you have 4 LS and 6 DS, your LS cards cost +2). This would make it so balanced decks could try and pull from both sides of the force, but give more focused decks an obvious advantage, while also preventing splashing of only the most powerful cards from each side.
The more I typed that out the more I thought that rule could really work, let me know what you think

Howl

well i dont know if you were familiar with the lotr tcg. but they had something like you could have orcs and elves in one deck.. but if u played an elf you gained x  counters and if you played an orc or bad guy i assume u lose counters so the force allighnment idea is pretty cool.. like basically  i was thinking the player starts of the game not on one side of the force. soo for example lets say you had a darth vader in your hand that cost Darkside 3 you play him and gain 3 dark side counters or anger counters [max 10?] which means your closer to the dark side of the force which some cards may also include that into card text. for example maybe a Sith Lightning that reads "You can only pay this card when you have a darkside level of 3 or greater." Then an effect that would be . dark side-ish. and neautral characters such as Jango or Jabba could possibly bring you closer to a chosen side? Just a thought. ut yes i am working on it. Atm. trying to make a template that looks cool