News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Kingdom at War ccg thread

Started by Dragoon, June 11, 2010, 09:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Reworked Resource System:
I reworked the resource system to make it more accessable  and easier to understand. (The old resource system was very flawed and pretty complicated, according too my testers. I found it too.)
So the resource system now is simple:
- A single resource, trade.
- At the beginning of your turn, you collect 3 trade, plus 1 trade for each coin you have.
- To spend trade, you simpely lose that amount of trade.
- You can buy coins for 2 trade.

Is this simple or not?

Simple Turn Structure.
An easy overview for your turn.
(-) This indicates things you MUST do. You need to be the active player.
(+) This indicates things you MAY do. Any player can do this.

When this sheet refers to you, it refers to you as the active player.

Phase 0: Supremacy Phase
- You resolve Military supremacy.
- You resolve Power supremacy.
- You resolve Economic supremacy.
+ Actions may be taken.

Phase 1: Battle Phase
- Choose an opposing player to attack.
- Both you and the defending player may play a tactic card from your hands face down.
+ Actions may be taken.

- You may march characters to an opposing capital.
+ Actions may be taken.

- The defending player marches characters to oppose yours.
+ Actions may be taken.

- Both you and the defending player choose and exert healed characters to be in the second line.
+ Actions may be taken.

- Resolve Battle.
+ Actions may be taken.

- All surviving characters are marched Home.

Phase 2: Rest Phase
- Heal all your characters.
- Gain Trade
- Draw two cards.
- Discard all your active schemes from play.
+ Actions may be taken.

Phase 3: Reinforcement Phase
+ Actions may be taken.
(When the active player plays a character, attachment or scheme card from his hand or iniates a challenge, it is considered taking an action.)

Phase 4: End Phase
- Your turn ends.
- The player on your left becomes the active player.

I will try to finish the rules soon and post demo decks.

cap.tiny

oohh plz do hurry i wanna play

Dragoon

FINALLY

I finshed the rulebook.. It's in pdf file. See demo decks later.. (need to group them into a good format -_-)

Please give feedback if things aren't clear.

The Rulebook can be found here. It isn't in good quality yet.

cap.tiny

eh idc about quality ... fun mechanics first for me, then quality later

Dragoon

Erreta:

The following erreta has been applied:

Rest Phase:
- You move all power tokens on cards you command to your power pool.
- You discard all schemes you command from play.

Players don't draw cards during the rest phase anymore.

End Phase:
- You draw a card.

During your turn, you may spend 1 trade to draw a card.
------------------------------------------------------------
Demo Decks:

Demo Decks can be found on the site [Link]

Direct Link

If there are things that aren't noted, please say.

Dragoon

Any feedback, hints, or other comments yet?

cap.tiny

just havent gtten around to it yet...

Dragoon

Okay, I have a question for tactic wording. Do you guys like the keyword version better(version 1), or the full written version(version 2)? Personally I like the full written version. But I like to know what other people like.

cap.tiny

I am a fan of keywords so version 1 for me

Cyrus

The second one makes it more obvious that you can only use it once, while the other one reads like an activated ability, thus making it feel like you could use it multiple times. Obviously the rules would clear this up either way, but personally I like the second version more

edit: I might change the wording on the second version to "When revealed as your tactic, you may exert a character..."  Makes it sound more like rules text and less like a sentence, but if you've already chosen the 'syntax' for the game keep it the way it is.

Dragoon

I haven't decided on synthax much, so I will change it if I continue with non-keywords. (It sounds better)

Also, the tactic effect is supposed to fire once. Maybe some cards have effects as long as they are tactics, but that is for later.

cap.tiny

is every "tactic" effect a one time effect? Because if so then there is no reason to explain in every card that it only one time. I hope im helping  ;D

Dragoon

True, but the issue is that keywords are static. Meaning once I made them, they have to stay that way forever. (which I don't like :P)

Written:
Pro's
- Editable
- Implementation of new ideas

Con's
- Lots of (same) text

Keyword:
Pro's
- Less text

con's
- static

cap.tiny

here is the thing I dont think there is any card game out there that uses just keywords or just written. there is always a mixture. Key words are to replace the effects or effect parts that will come up commonly. they can be changed but harder to change but that  is what play testing is for, so you dont have to change. your more than likely going to end up using these common effects any way

my game is keyword heavy only because i am keeping in mind people who suffer from "morning glory syndrome" but a card game is normally a mix.

Dragoon

Currently, my game is keyword low and I want it to keep it that way. Many keywords will actually make a game more complex than simple.

You hold valid points. I will make it a keyword (with better wording, though) As it is used very often and makes sense.

Thanks for all input.

Keywords so far

Fast  (Fast characters are assigned to a line after other characters.)
Rulings
1.00: During a battle, after both players have assigned characters to a line, players have the option to take a form fast battle lines phase.
1.01: During a form fast battle lines phase, players may assing fast characters to either the front or second line. The attacker forms a fast line first, followed by the defender.
1.02: Characters with fast moved to the second line must be exerted.
1.03: You can't move exerted fast characters to the second line, as you can't exert exerted characters.
1.04: Characters with fast may be moved to a line during the normal form battle lines phase.

Restricted (A card can have only one restricted attachment attached to it at any time.)
Rules:
2.00: If a card has a restriced attachment attached to it, no other restriced attachment may be attached to it.
2.01: If there is no legal target for a restricted attachment, discard the attachment from the field.
2.02: Cards that move attachments may only move restriced attachments to cards without restriced attachments.

Tactic (Activate this ability when you reveal this card as your tactic)
Tactic is an action keyword, meaning that it's rule text will appear after it's effect.
Rules:
3.00: A tactic ability only activates when it is revealed as your tactic.
3.01: Tactic abilities are added to the chain (See "The Chain" for rules on the chain)
3.02: Tactic abilities only fire once.

Any hints on how to word the Tactic keyword better.