A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Kingdom at War ccg thread

Started by Dragoon, June 11, 2010, 09:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Plugin is live!

http://kingdomatwarccg.webs.com/ocg/updatelist.txt

Simpely use the link to "install or Update from URL" (Copy/past link) And it should work.

Rulebook will be updated later.
Quickstart guide will be updated later too.

Post any rule issues you have here. I will make a plugin thread when I finish the rulebook/quickstart.

DON'T POST PLUGIN ISSUES HERE. ONLY RULE/GAME ISSUES ONLY!

thanks in advance

EDIT: 6 pages! Holy ....

Ripplez

when will you be able to do a practice/tutorial game? i learn better from being shown in person than simply reading a rule book and once i learn, i can help teach it to other people

Dragoon

I would like to do so, but I don't have much free time. Hence the quickstart rules :P

EDIT: Uploaded the quick reference sheet. Hope it helps.

http://kingdomatwarccg.webs.com/Rulebooks/Quick%20Reference%20Sheet.pdf

Jerod_tb

Hey I love the game you have created.  I do have a couple of questions/claifications for the rules.  During the Battle phase when damage is dealt, does the loser only assign damage to the characters he has commited to the lines, or to any character he has? 
Are Tactics exiled or sent the funeral pyre or returned to the players hand?  Those are just a couple of questions that I had off the top of my head.  Also I know you said not to post any thing about the plug in but there is no supremacy phase programed in.  I like your game very much, there is a lot of great card interactions.  Even with a bad hand, you can still go on.  Keep up the great work.
Jerod_tb

Dragoon

Thanks for the feedback. I can't believe I made such obvious mistakes.

During the Battle phase when damage is dealt, does the loser only assign damage to the characters he has commited to the lines, or to any character he has?
You can only assign battle wounds to characters that participated in the battle.

Are Tactics exiled or sent the funeral pyre or returned to the players hand?
They are banished, and thus put into exile after the battle.

Plugin is getting updated, along with the quickstart rules and rulebook.

Glad that you like the game :D

Dragoon

Finished the rulebook, as well making a small update to the quick ref sheet.

Rulebook can be found here.

Also made an update to the plugin. Just update the plugin and it should be alright.

Please ask questions or issues with the plugin at the plugin thread.

Wisp

Jus read over the rulebook. One thing that jumped out at me was the supremacy phase rules seemed to give too much advantage to the player already ahead.

Dragoon

Back from holiday! :D

Well, currently (finally) I have time to play some demonstration games. PM me if you are interested.

@Wisp.
Is this all?

Any other points so far?

Cyrus

Just read through the quick reference sheet, and I think I have the same problem with the supremacy phase, unless this is meant to be a 4+ player game (which I seem to have missed but I'm sure is plainly obvious at some point in this thread). If its multiplayer then players will naturally want to team up and beat on the guy with a dangerous amount of supremacy. In a 2-player game, though, I would probably go as far as to say to skip the phase completely. Really good multiplayer mechanic though!

I'm unclear on how coins end up on cards... So you buy coins with trade you earn after the battle step, and you put those coins on dudes when you marshall them? If that's it then it makes total sense, just something that you may want to clarify on the reference sheet.

One thing that struck me as possibly dangerous for serious-type play is the 40-card deck with 7 card hands and extreme drawing capabilities tri-fecta that's built into the rules. Perhaps you've tested this and found it to be alright, but I could see combos being set up with extreme ease. This will really test the limits of your card designing prowess (not that I don't think you're up to the challenge). The problem being that you could easily set up and have almost the same exact game every game (also depending on how many copies of a card are allowed of course... I'm assuming 3-4). If your game is meant to play that way when played competitively (which mine definitely is, so I'm not saying that's a bad thing), then it's no big deal.

So that's my nitpicking from someone who has only seen some cards and read the reference sheet. I figured you'd want that perspective and I was a good candidate since I haven't read the full rules, which I will when I have some time.

I'm always down to trade playtesting, but you'll have to excuse my strange hours (between 10pm and midnight, sunday thru monday, pacific standard, are the best times) and my clunky usage of lackey. I need to get a headset to make playtesting 1000% easier... working on it.

EDIT: Thought I should edit to add that the cards look great, and it feels like reading through an actual set of cards to a real game when reading through the cards. That probably wouldn't sound like an achievement to a non-designer, but it really is. Keep up the great work.

Wisp

agree with the above. im up for playtesting

innuendo

Reading the rules over, I would say the concern about the supremacy phase is probably mitigated because it seems like there is a little built in defender advantage.

You need a little win more mechanic or system in any game or it never ends.  I think the supremacy phase is a very clever way to subtly reward an early lead, without driving the game to a foregone conclusion.

Of course, that all depends on the ballance, so as with all new games, testing testing testing.

I like cyrus btw, would love to trade some testing.  We are just wrapping up some internal beta for my game and would love play your game and hopefully get some play on mine in return!  Let me know.

Dragoon

Okay, I will do some trade testing.

Example of a character with coin on card:

Example of a possession with a coin.

Well, after reading the possession card again, I found out there is something wrong with the wording, as the possession should give the coin to the character it's attached to. So it should read "Bearer gains: [+1 coin]." Sorry for the inconvinence.

Cyrus

Oh I got it, cool. You got any time to teach comin up?

Dragoon

Currently working on the FAQ, rulebook 1.10, and quickstart 1.1.