News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Kingdom at War ccg thread

Started by Dragoon, June 11, 2010, 09:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Sorry for slow updates, but school is being an ass & I'm spending some time painting HORDES minis...

Global Rules Change

Schemes & Plotting
I did a big overhaul of schemes, to make them more like that people are plotting something in the dark and having the opponents guessing what it is. As such, all schemes have now the keyword plotting. (this term showed up many times, so I was bound to turn it into a keyword anyway.)

Plotting X (You may marshall this card face down for 1. Turn it face up any time for it's plotting cost.)
Plotting 1.01: You may only plot cards during your reinforcement phase. Plotting any card costs 1 trade.

New trigger: Turned Face up
This trigger triggers when the card is turned face up from being face down.

Schemes now have all plotting and most have the new Turned Face up trigger. Schemes are still banished from the field at the beginning of your supply phase, so time your plans well.

More updates & MSE tutorial coming soon!

Cyrus

Sorry I haven't had time to playtest this with you, been spending all my time on band stuff lately trying to get a new amp and practice space. PM me if you want to try and set up a specific time. Best times are Monday through Wednesday, 10pm to 1am PST (-8).

Malagar

I just chewed through large parts of this thread and must say that I am very impressed with your work.

Kudos to you, this is epic!

Dragoon

Thanks! even though I have to admit I saw this more as an experiment and ended up on low support.

Well, lessons learned, and carried over to the next project! :D (in due this year)

Arwym

I want to try this game. Already installed the plugin, I am reading the rules. Anybody else still interested in trying it?

Dragoon

I have found several design and worldbuilding files on Kingdom at War when cleaning my PC. Reading back some of my idea's and lore gave me interest in this game again. However, as several mechanics are flawed in my eyes, I want to make a remake of it, with a lowered emphasis on battles and more on political intrigues. (well, your choice on how you want to play it)

Comments?

Cyrus

To paraphrase a friend of mine, an unfinished product is just a waste of your (the creator's) time. I should know, I never finish anything. You've put this much time in and got a damn fine looking first draft (or whichever draft), you may as well see it through!

...I'll just go not follow my own advice now...

Wisp

@Cy: Haha, oh the irony.

@Dragoon: go for it. What parts did you find flawed?

Dragoon

Quite a few things, but most importantly
- I had multiple win conditions, but those were very fragmented.
- Resource system.
- Ways to gain influnce

I liked how the combat system (with the tactics) turned out, so I will keep that

Wisp

Your combat system is fantastic. I'll have a look at your other stuff and see I can come up with anything to help.

EDIT: For your resource system, why not have characters provide trade for each force they have, if you play them inside your keep.

Dragoon

You mean like they did in Warhammer Invasion? (In that game, you could play your units in three zones, and each zone had a different effect.)

I was leaning closer to the doomtown (yeah, that was it's name :P) resource mechanic with upkeep/income on EVERY card. Might also help balance
I.E. You start with a number of trade, and you have a basic trade income. It stocks, but every card has an upkeep or income of some sorts.

Wisp

By every card has an upkeep, you mean every card costs money every turn?

Dragoon

That's the idea, though some cards will generate money every turn.

Wisp

Never really considered a system like that. What did you find to be the problem with it?

Dragoon

Okay, new resource system points

Trade
- Each turn, you generate trade equal to your keep's trade generation
- Also, every card in play has an income or upkeep.
- Cards with income increase your generated trade.
- Upkeep cards need to be paid for or they are banished.
- Some cards also have a loyality upkeep. These cards have icons under their upkeep. You match loyality if you have OTHER cards (including your keep) A card's upkeep increases by 1 for every unmatched loyality icon.

You start the game with a keep card. This card generates a basic number or strength, income and card draw.

Also, new card template

What do you think?