News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Kingdom at War ccg thread

Started by Dragoon, June 11, 2010, 09:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Additonal post due crappy internet.

@Wisp: Balance problems, but otherwise I think it will work fine.

ERRETA: The men-at-arms card has a base upkeep of 1, this should be 0.

Refactioning (Is this a word?)

Due design limits and other stuff, I decided to rework the factions (Again) So here is a list of new factions. THe nonhuman factions were added for the sake of art and design allowance.

Human Factions
House Margol
House Feryn
Sial's Crusade

Non-human factions

Elven Rebels
Ferlan Orcs

Sub-factions

The Guard
Dragon's Peak
The Wild Hunt

Wisp

another fantastic template dude

Dragoon

Done with the new template

Now up for better rules.

First things first, the power mechanic. Ugh.. need brainstorm info...

Wisp

Dragoon

What time is it? UPDATE TIME!

First of all, getting a diablo 3 beta code is bad for every project. But, back in action here :)

Revisions:
Turn Structure

Phase 0: Supremacy Phase
- Draw a card if you have either the highest total of strength on all characters you command or the highest total of power on all characters, schemes and agenda's you command.

Phase 1: Battle Phase
- You may fight one or multpile battles. You may attack each target only once.

Phase 2: Plot Phase
- If you have one or more active schemes or plots, you may choose to archive them.
- You may move all power on characters you command to your agenda.
- You may play one card from your hand face down as a plot.

Phase 3: Supply Phase
- For every wounded character you command, you may spend 1 gold. If you do, heal that character. Then, kill all wounded characters.
- Collect income from cards you command with an income.
- Pay the upkeep of each card you command. If you can't pay the upkeep or don't want to, banish the card.

Phase 4: Reinforcement Phase
During this phase, you may take any number of the following actions:
- Draw a card: Spend 1 gold to draw a card.
- Play a card: You may play cards from your hand by spending their cost.

Phase 5: End Phase
This turn ends.

Actions, forced, and gold
- I changed the term trade to gold.
- Gold does NOT deplete during turns. You may hoard it if you like.
- All actions have now a bolded term action before the action line. Actions may be taken. Example: Action: Spend 1 gold to draw 2 cards, then banish 1 card from your hand.
- All actions that MUST be taken at a certain moment have the bolded term forced before their line. Example: Forced: When this character enters a battlefield, exert it.

Wounds & Healing
Wounded characters are now only killed by card effects or in the supply phase. You are free to send only wounded characters to a battlefield.

New card type: Agenda
Agenda's start the game in play and provide certain advantages and disadvantages, as well a basic income and starting gold.

Other Changes
- There are no longer event cards or something similar. Schemes will take over their role (in a certain way).

Keywords
Hidden You may marshall this card into hiding by spending 1. You may marshall it out of hiding at any time by spending it's cost.
- Note: Cards that have no cost, such as schemes, are free to marshall out of hiding.
Fast You may move this character to a battle line after other characters.
Armor This character can't be killed unless it's wounded.

More to come!

Dragoon

Slow updates are slow.

Now, for the revised power mechanic. During your turn, you may play a card from your hand face down as a plot. During your turn, add 1 power token to each face down card and scheme you command. During their turns, players may claim those power tokens by using characters. A face down card can have only 1 power token on it, any other card can have a maxium of power tokens equal to it's influence.

any thoughts?

Dragoon

Currently working on balancing cards and focussing on one faction at a time.

Skirmish abilities even trigger if your tactic is defeated. Though you still might lose.

innuendo

Hey, are you using MSE for this? Just curious.

Dragoon

Quote from: innuendo on May 07, 2012, 07:43:21 AM
Hey, are you using MSE for this? Just curious.
Yes, I have written my own template app for it.

innuendo

I figured, so as to not derail this topic, i'm gonna PM you a quick question. Thanks!

Dragoon

While the upkeep thing is a good idea, it just doesn't work with this game, as my playtest group agreed on. It's the first thing they agreed on since development started, so I guess it's true.

This means I will group cards together on synergy.

On another note, I'm a huge fan of wizards' soulbond mechanic. So I'm stealing that. But I plan to go further with it than wizards did. (I think they abandon mechanic's just before things get intersting, which is a shame.) No idea how to name it, though.

As more on synergy, I want several cards to gain a bonus if you command an unique card. A card only count's as unique if it doesn't have an imposter token on it.

That's all (for now)

Cyrus

How about Destined, Linked, or maybe Star-Crossed for an alternate Soulbound name?

Dragoon

Quote from: Cyrus on May 17, 2012, 05:42:09 PM
How about Destined, Linked, or maybe Star-Crossed for an alternate Soulbound name?

I'm currently working with the term allied for playtesting, but Linked might work too.

Cyrus

Ah allied works really well, can't believe my thesaurus brain missed it!

DavidChaos

I really like the way these cards look, and I kinda have to ask:

Where are you getting these awesome pictures for the card art? They do all to be in the same art style...do you have someone who's doing the art?  Or are you doing it?