News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

My list of bugs/requests

Started by ProButcher, June 13, 2010, 09:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Just Mick on June 17, 2010, 02:04:03 AM
I recommend disabling the spam shuffling if you're confident about it. You could at least release the algorithm. Or alternatively you could have a preference that asks how many times you want to shuffle your cards whenever the zone is shuffled. That's easy to do and people would feel more confident about the shuffle even if it's psychosomatic and the opponent would not have to deal with the annoying spamming side effects.

I play a lot of shuffle cards myself, which is why I just cut/fold the deck a few times and offer it to the other player to cut it or shuffle it if they want to. There are some truly annoying cards in MTG like Haunting Echos which I would feel bad about playing.
I think I will disable spam shuffles and just have a field in the preferences that's label "Number of shuffles to perform when you hit the shuffle button:" and by default set it to 10. In reality, however, this field will do nothing. Just like shuffling more than once will do nothing. Perhaps that would deal with the psychological need to spam shuffle some people have.

Just Mick

Quote from: Trevor on June 17, 2010, 12:13:38 PM
Quote from: Just Mick on June 17, 2010, 02:04:03 AM
I recommend disabling the spam shuffling if you're confident about it. You could at least release the algorithm. Or alternatively you could have a preference that asks how many times you want to shuffle your cards whenever the zone is shuffled. That's easy to do and people would feel more confident about the shuffle even if it's psychosomatic and the opponent would not have to deal with the annoying spamming side effects.

I play a lot of shuffle cards myself, which is why I just cut/fold the deck a few times and offer it to the other player to cut it or shuffle it if they want to. There are some truly annoying cards in MTG like Haunting Echos which I would feel bad about playing.
I think I will disable spam shuffles and just have a field in the preferences that's label "Number of shuffles to perform when you hit the shuffle button:" and by default set it to 10. In reality, however, this field will do nothing. Just like shuffling more than once will do nothing. Perhaps that would deal with the psychological need to spam shuffle some people have.

It's pretty harmless if all the multi-shuffling is done entirely on the cpu versus over the network connection. I suppose it's worth pointing out to the multi-shufflers that forces the clients to all sync up also -- unless I guess they all shuffle with the same seed / algorithm??

ProButcher

When people spam shuffle, My end lags up.. I don't know specifics or really care, but its quite aggrivating.. and as I added before, I have a shitty PC, so its not anything lackey related thats lagging me...

Anyway, I retract the req. for a better shuffle, as I see this has been discussed in depth. I see all of your points and realize there's always going to be room for multiples in a hand.

Cyrus

The only problem with the random shuffler is that its completely random. If it simulated a real life shuffle about the average length of a pro tour shuffle (they give them an entire 5 minutes to shuffle, and both players use it all) it might seem more like how people are used to playing in real life. Saying that "its random, so this kind of thing happens, if you could shuffle like this in real life it would be like this too" isn't an argument because no one can shuffle like that in real life, and the game might be totally different because of it. The only card program that has ever seemed to produce life-like results for me is Gccg, but I don't know what their shuffler looks like in terms of code.

Regardless I don't think its a huge problem, people will always complain when they get bad hands, so they'll just have to deal with it