News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Artists Needed for a new commercial game

Started by xanderg7, July 03, 2010, 07:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanderg7

I'm currently in the final stages of developing a commercial game the only thing left for me is the need of original art-work
The thing I can't draw well enough and I need 12 images (The problem is I have no Budget) I can only promise that your will be recognized and if the game sells well I will send you a commission. Please help me out. if you are interested reply to me. (Take notice I'm understand that you don't know me but i'm no cheater) My objective is not to make money out of this but simply have the pride to have accomplish one of my games.

briggs

If you don't have a budget, how do you expect to make a commercial game?

xanderg7

I haven't got a budget to pay artists like for 200$ a drawing i'm on a strict budget that's what I mean. Like I said I can and will give a commission with the sales of the game.

moselekm

Just so you know, you can find decent artists who can do your cards for maybe 1-10 bucks a picture.  I have never seen a freelancer sell card art for 200 bucks.  Hell, go to DeviantArt.  There's always desperate 16 year olds trying to get condom money.

And the guy below me makes probably a finite point.  If success is even in grasp, you just need concept, rules, and layout of the game.  They do the rest as far as production.

Just Mick

You will want to make mockups of every card then schedule meeting with representatives of the likes of Hasbro. If they like your game they will fund the rest. Or if there are trade shows you might be able to find investors.

If you don't have a partner that is an artist you should just pay an artist to do all your mockups for you. They just need to convey the idea, not be production quality.

xanderg7

The thing is i want to produce this game myself. what I want is not for profit but for my own pride of achievement.

moselekm

You're not making much sense, Xanderg.  I mean this constructively only.  But you're saying you want do this yourself, and you're asking for artists, but offer them no money.  And you also say you're not doing this for profit, but you're working on a 'commercial' game.  Commercial means public, a consumable made for a large market.  So profit will and has to be involved.

If you just wanted for your own pride and achievement.  Do what I do and just make the card game and open it up for Lackey players and friends near you.

xanderg7

Maybe it seems i don't make sense but making it a commercial game true it will bring in profit but it is not my goal. Making Games is something I've been doing for 15years for friends and family it just i think its time to bring it up to the next level. making a game for lackey is even easier than doing the real thing which doesn't feel the same either. Lackey is great to beta test and see if the game needs some tweaking. You see what i want is to see some of my work on the shelves and it won't go any farther than this if i can't get artists to draw for me, which i'm just barely have a budget to eat every week. So being able to have someone who is willing to take part with the project in hopes that it works then that person will be paid a certain % of the sales.

innuendo

If you want to go to the next level be prepared to spend money up front, without the garuntee of return.  I've been working on card games a while too, working on them for a while is something a million people do.  If you want to do what you say you want to do, stop just asking on random forums for artists to come and finish your project.  Get organized, start saving, and go hire an artist.  There is literally no other way to get art for a game.  The promise of profit sharing is never ever enough.

VladShadeu

Quote from: innuendo on July 04, 2010, 01:32:00 PM
If you want to go to the next level be prepared to spend money up front, without the garuntee of return.

That's essentially what he's asking an artist to do. There are such things as struggling artists too, you know. Some of them will work under promise of cash. I'm not saying very many, or good ones, but it does happen.

HoodieDM

Then your best bet is to go an artist forum though, not a ccg forum for a system that's using ripped off commercial games already.  We're here to play other games already made for the most part.

Howl

Umm....I'm an artisit in high school currently taking a lot of classes... I could show you some stuff if you like but I stick with traditional art.( Painting, sketching, hand on pencil and paper basically) not exactly looking for money just a name to put out there.

Tokimo

And here I've been expecting to drop thousands of dollars into art. I think I've been approaching this wrong. I just need to promise artists that if they work hard for me I'll put their names on cards.

If you want to make a 'real' card game expect to spend thousands of dollars. Anything else and you're not going to be able to pay for print, advertising or art. If you want to make a 'friends and family' card game just steal random images off the internet and fire up the local printer.

DastardlyDave

Well, I'm an artist that would be willing to do it for free. As long as you wouldn't bust my balls on deadlines. With classes about to start back up, and all. Most of my stuff is pen and ink, ad b/w but I could manage some color. Here's some of my stuff more will be up by the end of next week. http://davemcox.deviantart.com/gallery/ send me an email if you're interested.