News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Ventrilo Server

Started by Alastair, November 08, 2009, 06:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdLit

This may be a stupid question, but I'm assuming you run lackey and play the game on the lackey server and then run ventrilo to do the voice chat separately - or does ventrilo also serve as a host server for lackey?

Trevor

Quote from: AdLit on April 12, 2011, 09:05:03 PM
This may be a stupid question, but I'm assuming you run lackey and play the game on the lackey server and then run ventrilo to do the voice chat separately - or does ventrilo also serve as a host server for lackey?
The 2 servers are completely separate.

Lord Nikon

not sure...but why use an ancient software like Ventrilo when Skype is much easier to use and free as well. a two person voice call will be perfect quality.

Trevor

Ventrillo is designed for multi people people where there is a channel you all can go to and talk. Skype, if I am up to date about it, is a program that you need to know the person with whom you connect, which is not great for meeting new people. This will all be obsolete when Lackey has built in voice speech, but I'm not sure when that will be completed.

IEatYourSoul

Ascott29

Is the Ventrilo server still running?

Alastair

Appears to be. Can't say that I've seen anybody use it in a very long time however.